Expatriate’s mother, wife found dead in Habiganj
Published : 14 May 2018, 11:46
Police recovered bodies of a woman and her daughter-in-law from their house at Sadullapur village in Kurshi union of Nabiganj upazila on Sunday night.
The deceased were identified as Mala Begum, 55, mother of the expatriate Akhlak Chowdhury and his wife Rumi Begum, 22.
Quoting locals, police said Akhlak Chowdhury alias Gulzat, son of late Raja Miah, has been living at London for long. His mother and wife Rumi used to live in the village.
Hearing scream from their house, villagers rushed there around 11pm and found Mala and Rumi lying in a pool of blood.
Later, they were rushed to Nabiganj Health Complex where doctors declared the duo dead.
On information, police recovered the bodies.
Meanwhile, Shamsur Rahman Bhuiyan, additional superintendent of Habiganj Police visited the spot.
- Most viewed
- Mother, daughter found dead in Bogra
- Khaleda, Tarique directly involved in Aug 21 grenade attack: PM
- PM pays tribute to August 21 grenade attack victims
- 21 April Events
- 21 April Births
- 21 April Deaths
- Weinstein accuser Asia Argento paid teen who made sex assault claim
- Cabinet approves ‘Sarkari Chakori Ain, 2018’
- Pregnant New Zealand minister cycles to delivery ward
- Girls' supremacy finally over
- Saff U-15 girls eye more glory in final today
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick Jonas are officially engaged
- U-15 girls take on Bhutan in SAFF semi
- SAFF U-15 girls reach final beating Bhutan 5-0
- The 18th Asian Games got off to a glorious start
- Youth found dead at Chattogram hotel
- Caned by headmaster, schoolgirl kills self
- Huma Qureshi didn’t care about working with Khans