Two Bangladeshi women die in Lebanon fire
Published : 15 May 2018, 14:01
Two expatriate Bangladeshi women died in a fire that broke out in Metn town of Dora, Lebanon on Monday.
The cause of the fire was not immediately clear, reports Lebanese newspaper The Daily Star quoting the country’s Civil Defense department.
The fire was extinguished around 7:15 am on Monday, said the Civil Defense authorities in a statement posted to its official Facebook page.
However, the rescue mission was too late to save the two women, it said.
The two victims are Bangladeshi citizens working in Lebanon, reports the newspaper.
Pictures shared online by the Civil Defense show the women’s charred ground-floor bedroom, with a blackened bed frame visible amid the debris.
- Most viewed
- 14 August Events
- 14 August Births
- 14 August Deaths
- Man gets 14 yrs jail for torturing wife over dowry
- Dhaka-Delhi relationship now at its best, says PM Hasina
- Bangabandhu struggled to establish Bangalee nation’s right: Speaker
- Kareena and Ranveer collaboration finally happening!
- Madonna still shocks with barrier-breaking lifestyle
- Google tracks your movements, like it or not
- Did you know Salman was the first choice to play Aishwarya’s brother in Josh?
- 9 August Events
- PM visits hospital to see Sechchasebak League leader and four injured students
- Love for ex boyfriend!
- Bangladeshi students encouraged to consider education in Australia
- My mother had capacity to take any decision: Prime Minister
- Govt working to strengthen democracy: Prime Minister
- 8 August Events
- Migrant boat sinks off Turkey killing 7 children, 2 women