PM Sheikh Hasina slates Israel's use of force in Palestine
Published : 16 May 2018, 11:54
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina yesterday condemned the use of force by Israel in Palestine in recent time, describing it as human rights violation.
The prime minister's condemnation came when Turkish Premier Binali Yildirim phoned her yesterday evening, PM's Press Secretary Ihsanul Karim told BSS.
He said the Turkish prime minister phoned his Bangladesh counterpart at 7:30 pm and talked to her for nearly 15 minutes.
During the telephonic conversation, Sheikh Hasina expressed anguish over shifting of the US Embassy to Jerusalem from Tel Aviv.
The prime minister also reiterated Bangladesh's complete support to independent Palestine.
The press secretary said the Turkish premier invited the Bangladesh prime minister to attend the OIC Special Summit on Palestine to be held in the Turkish city of Istanbul on May 18.
Sheikh Hasina welcomed this initiative (holding of summit), terming it as a timely step.
At least 60 Palestinians were killed by Israeli fire during the Monday's violent clashes on the Gaza-Israel border coinciding with the opening of the US Embassy in Jerusalem, media reports said.
It came a day after the United States transferred its Israel embassy from Tel Aviv to the disputed city of Jerusalem in a move that infuriated the Palestinians and was widely condemned.
At least 2,400 others were wounded in the bloodiest day in the Israeli- Palestinian conflict since the 2014 Gaza war.
- Most viewed
- 14 August Events
- 14 August Births
- 14 August Deaths
- Man gets 14 yrs jail for torturing wife over dowry
- Dhaka-Delhi relationship now at its best, says PM Hasina
- Bangabandhu struggled to establish Bangalee nation’s right: Speaker
- Kareena and Ranveer collaboration finally happening!
- Madonna still shocks with barrier-breaking lifestyle
- Google tracks your movements, like it or not
- Did you know Salman was the first choice to play Aishwarya’s brother in Josh?
- 9 August Events
- PM visits hospital to see Sechchasebak League leader and four injured students
- Love for ex boyfriend!
- Bangladeshi students encouraged to consider education in Australia
- My mother had capacity to take any decision: Prime Minister
- Govt working to strengthen democracy: Prime Minister
- 8 August Events
- Migrant boat sinks off Turkey killing 7 children, 2 women