Turkish PM Yıldırım invites PM Hasina to attend OIC summit
Published : 16 May 2018, 12:27
Turkish Prime Minister Binali Yıldırım on Tuesday invited his Bangladesh counterpart Sheikh Hasina to attend a special summit of Organisation of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) on May 18.
The OIC convened the summit to discuss the issues on Palestine.
PM’s press wing said the Turkish premier made a phone call to Sheikh Hasina at 7:30pm.
During telephonic conversation, Binali Yıldırım invited Sheikh Hasina to attend the special OIC summit scheduled to be held on May 18.
The press wing said the two prime ministers held telephonic conversation for about 15 minutes.
Lauding the initiative, Sheikh Hasina termed it a time-befitting move and urged the Muslim Ummah to remain united.
The Bangladesh premier condemned the Israeli atrocities against Palestinians, saying that it was a breach of human rights.
Expressing resentment over shifting the US’s embassy to Jerusalem, she reiterated her support for independent Palestine state.
- Most viewed
- 14 August Events
- 14 August Births
- 14 August Deaths
- Man gets 14 yrs jail for torturing wife over dowry
- Dhaka-Delhi relationship now at its best, says PM Hasina
- Bangabandhu struggled to establish Bangalee nation’s right: Speaker
- Kareena and Ranveer collaboration finally happening!
- Madonna still shocks with barrier-breaking lifestyle
- Google tracks your movements, like it or not
- Did you know Salman was the first choice to play Aishwarya’s brother in Josh?
- 9 August Events
- PM visits hospital to see Sechchasebak League leader and four injured students
- Love for ex boyfriend!
- Bangladeshi students encouraged to consider education in Australia
- My mother had capacity to take any decision: Prime Minister
- Govt working to strengthen democracy: Prime Minister
- 8 August Events
- Migrant boat sinks off Turkey killing 7 children, 2 women