Housewife beaten dead ‘by husband’ in Benapole
Published : 18 May 2018, 18:13
A housewife was beaten to death allegedly by her husband over family feud at Balidah village in Sharsha upazila on Thursday night.
The deceased was identified as Sumona Begum, 27, wife of Ujjal of the village.
Quoting locals , Mashiur Rahman, officer-in-charge of Sharsha Police Station, said Ujjal, son of Mobarak Hossain, used to torture his wife Sumona, daughter of Shahidul Islam of Jhikorgaccha upazila, since their marriage eight years back.
On Thursday, the couple locked into an altercation. At one stage, Ujjal beat up Sumona mercilessly, leaving her dead.
Later, they hanged the body of Sumona with the ceiling of the house.
On information, police recovered the body on Friday morning and sent it to Jashore Genera Hospital morgue for autopsy.
None was arrested in this connection.
- Most viewed
- Mother, daughter found dead in Bogra
- Khaleda, Tarique directly involved in Aug 21 grenade attack: PM
- PM pays tribute to August 21 grenade attack victims
- 21 April Events
- 21 April Births
- 21 April Deaths
- Weinstein accuser Asia Argento paid teen who made sex assault claim
- Cabinet approves ‘Sarkari Chakori Ain, 2018’
- Pregnant New Zealand minister cycles to delivery ward
- Girls' supremacy finally over
- Saff U-15 girls eye more glory in final today
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick Jonas are officially engaged
- U-15 girls take on Bhutan in SAFF semi
- SAFF U-15 girls reach final beating Bhutan 5-0
- The 18th Asian Games got off to a glorious start
- Youth found dead at Chattogram hotel
- Caned by headmaster, schoolgirl kills self
- Huma Qureshi didn’t care about working with Khans