Housewife found dead in Panchagarh
Published : 18 May 2018, 18:19
A housewife was found dead at her house at Sukhyati village in Atoari upazila on Thursday.
The deceased was identified as Jotsna Begum, 45, wife of Solaiman Ali of the village.
Aminul Islam, officer-in-charge of Atoari Police Station, said Farhad, son of Solaiman, found their house under lock and key around 6:30 pm.
Seeing his mother nowhere, Farhad then entered the house, breaking open the lock and found his mother lying on her bed.
Later, he informed the police about it who recovered the body in the evening and sent it to Sadar Hospital.
The body bore several injury marks and police suspected that Solaiman might have killed his wife earlier in the day and left the place after keeping his house under lock and key.
- Most viewed
- PM pays tribute to August 21 grenade attack victims
- 21 April Events
- 21 April Births
- 21 April Deaths
- Weinstein accuser Asia Argento paid teen who made sex assault claim
- Cabinet approves ‘Sarkari Chakori Ain, 2018’
- Pregnant New Zealand minister cycles to delivery ward
- German journalist says Turkey court lifts travel ban
- PM receives two UNICEF awards for campaign against early marriage
- Girls' supremacy finally over
- Saff U-15 girls eye more glory in final today
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick Jonas are officially engaged
- U-15 girls take on Bhutan in SAFF semi
- SAFF U-15 girls reach final beating Bhutan 5-0
- Youth found dead at Chattogram hotel
- Caned by headmaster, schoolgirl kills self
- Huma Qureshi didn’t care about working with Khans
- Woman held in city for ‘spreading rumour on Facebook’