Two teenage ethnic girls found dead
Published : 19 May 2018, 11:53
Two teenage girls of ethnic minority were found dead in Jangal Mahadevpur hilly village of Sitakunda upazila in Chattogram district on Friday night.
The deceased are Sukhlati Tripura, 15, daughter of a certain Falin Tripura and Chhobi Rani Tripura, 12, daughter of one Sumon Tripura of the village.
On information, police recovered the bodies from a house in Tripura Para around 8:00pm and sent those to Chittagong Medical College Hospital for autopsy, said Sitakunda police station officer-in-charge (investigation) Mozammel Haq.
The cause of their death could not be known immediately, he added.
Sukhlati Tripura’s father alleged that one Abul Hossain and his associates killed the girls after ‘rape’ as his daughter rejected love proposal.
They hanged the bodies after pouring poison in their mouth in a bid to show the incident as suicide, he claimed.
- Most viewed
- 21 April Events
- 21 April Births
- 21 April Deaths
- Weinstein accuser Asia Argento paid teen who made sex assault claim
- Cabinet approves ‘Sarkari Chakori Ain, 2018’
- Pregnant New Zealand minister cycles to delivery ward
- German journalist says Turkey court lifts travel ban
- PM receives two UNICEF awards for campaign against early marriage
- Multi-storey buildings to replace city slums: Prime Minister
- Girls' supremacy finally over
- Saff U-15 girls eye more glory in final today
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick Jonas are officially engaged
- U-15 girls take on Bhutan in SAFF semi
- SAFF U-15 girls reach final beating Bhutan 5-0
- Youth found dead at Chattogram hotel
- Caned by headmaster, schoolgirl kills self
- Huma Qureshi didn’t care about working with Khans
- Woman held in city for ‘spreading rumour on Facebook’