4 kids drown in Cox’s Bazar, Bagerhat
Published : 26 May 2018, 13:07
Four minors including three girls drowned in ponds in separate incidents in Cox’s Bazar and Bagerhat districts on Friday.
In Cox’s Bazar, two cousins Tanjia, 6, daughter of Yunus and Nispha, 6, daughter of Abu Musa, both residents of Lemshikhali village in Kutubdia upazila drowned in a pond near their house while taking bath around 1:30 pm.
Later, locals rescued them and took them to upazila health complex where the duty doctor declared them dead, said Didarul Islam, officer-in-charge of Kutubdia Police Station.
Both of them were Class – I students of Lemshikhali Government Primary School.
In Bagerhat, Rahat, 3, son of Sanju and Moriam Khatun, 2, daughter of Abdus Salam of Adarshapara village in Morrelganj upazila fell and downed in a pond while playing alongside it, said Md Rashedul Alam, officer-in-charge of Morrelganj Police Station.
Later, locals recovered the bodies from the pond, the OC added.
- Most viewed
- 5 special Eid-ul-Adha Dishe for guest
- Mother, daughter found dead in Bogra
- Khaleda, Tarique directly involved in Aug 21 grenade attack: PM
- PM pays tribute to August 21 grenade attack victims
- 21 April Events
- 21 April Births
- 21 April Deaths
- Weinstein accuser Asia Argento paid teen who made sex assault claim
- Cabinet approves ‘Sarkari Chakori Ain, 2018’
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick Jonas are officially engaged
- Girls' supremacy finally over
- Huma Qureshi didn’t care about working with Khans
- Saff U-15 girls eye more glory in final today
- The 18th Asian Games got off to a glorious start
- SAFF U-15 girls reach final beating Bhutan 5-0
- U-15 girls take on Bhutan in SAFF semi
- Youth found dead at Chattogram hotel
- Woman held in city for ‘spreading rumour on Facebook’