4 kids drown in Cox’s Bazar, Bagerhat
Published : 26 May 2018, 13:07
Four minors including three girls drowned in ponds in separate incidents in Cox’s Bazar and Bagerhat districts on Friday.
In Cox’s Bazar, two cousins Tanjia, 6, daughter of Yunus and Nispha, 6, daughter of Abu Musa, both residents of Lemshikhali village in Kutubdia upazila drowned in a pond near their house while taking bath around 1:30 pm.
Later, locals rescued them and took them to upazila health complex where the duty doctor declared them dead, said Didarul Islam, officer-in-charge of Kutubdia Police Station.
Both of them were Class – I students of Lemshikhali Government Primary School.
In Bagerhat, Rahat, 3, son of Sanju and Moriam Khatun, 2, daughter of Abdus Salam of Adarshapara village in Morrelganj upazila fell and downed in a pond while playing alongside it, said Md Rashedul Alam, officer-in-charge of Morrelganj Police Station.
Later, locals recovered the bodies from the pond, the OC added.
- Most viewed
- PM pays tribute to August 21 grenade attack victims
- 21 April Events
- 21 April Births
- 21 April Deaths
- Weinstein accuser Asia Argento paid teen who made sex assault claim
- Cabinet approves ‘Sarkari Chakori Ain, 2018’
- Pregnant New Zealand minister cycles to delivery ward
- German journalist says Turkey court lifts travel ban
- PM receives two UNICEF awards for campaign against early marriage
- Girls' supremacy finally over
- Saff U-15 girls eye more glory in final today
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick Jonas are officially engaged
- U-15 girls take on Bhutan in SAFF semi
- SAFF U-15 girls reach final beating Bhutan 5-0
- Youth found dead at Chattogram hotel
- Caned by headmaster, schoolgirl kills self
- Huma Qureshi didn’t care about working with Khans
- Woman held in city for ‘spreading rumour on Facebook’