PM Hasina receives D.Litt from Nazrul University at Asansol
Published : 26 May 2018, 14:05
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina on Saturday received ‘Doctor of Literature (DLitt)’ degree from Kazi Nazrul University, Asansol in Paschim Bardhaman district here.
The university authorities conferred the honorary DLitt degree upon her at a special convocation programme.
Sheikh Hasina was honoured with the degree in recognition of her outstanding contributions towards building exploitation- and disparity-free society which is the ideal of poet Kazi Nazrul Islam.
Vice Chancellor of the Kazi Nazrul University Dr Sadhan Chakrabarti delivered the welcome speech. West Bengal Education Minister Partha Chatterjee was present at the convocation ceremony.
Sheikh Hasina arrived here on Friday on a two-day official visit to India at the invitation of Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
On Friday, she along with her Indian counterpart Narendra Modi unveiled the plaque of Bangladesh Bhaban at Vivsa-Bharati University in Santiniketan.
The Bangladesh Prime Minister attended Visva-Bharati Convocation Ceremony as the guest of honour.
- Most viewed
- Student, Trolled For Selling Fish, Donates Rs. 1.5 Lakh For Flood Aid
- Saudi feminists launch online radio
- Child passive smoking 'risk adult diseases'
- 16 nurses get pregnant at Arizona hospital
- The 18th Asian Games got off to a glorious start
- Girls' supremacy finally over
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick Jonas are officially engaged
- Huma Qureshi didn’t care about working with Khans
- Woman commits suicide after ‘stabbing husband’ in city
- Williams rebounds from worst loss to advance in Cincy tennis
- Sheikh Hasina to inaugurate 23 bridges, Fatehpur Railway Overpass
- BD beat Nepal 3-0 to emerge group top in SAFF U-15 Women’s championship
- U-15 girls take on Bhutan in SAFF semi
- Caned by headmaster, schoolgirl kills self
- SAFF U-15 girls reach final beating Bhutan 5-0
- Antibiotic resistance genes in air pose threat to human health: Study
- Nation observes National Mourning Day today
- Prime Minister pays homage to Bangabandhu in Tungipara