PM Hasina receives D.Litt from Nazrul University at Asansol
Published : 26 May 2018, 14:05
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina on Saturday received ‘Doctor of Literature (DLitt)’ degree from Kazi Nazrul University, Asansol in Paschim Bardhaman district here.
The university authorities conferred the honorary DLitt degree upon her at a special convocation programme.
Sheikh Hasina was honoured with the degree in recognition of her outstanding contributions towards building exploitation- and disparity-free society which is the ideal of poet Kazi Nazrul Islam.
Vice Chancellor of the Kazi Nazrul University Dr Sadhan Chakrabarti delivered the welcome speech. West Bengal Education Minister Partha Chatterjee was present at the convocation ceremony.
Sheikh Hasina arrived here on Friday on a two-day official visit to India at the invitation of Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
On Friday, she along with her Indian counterpart Narendra Modi unveiled the plaque of Bangladesh Bhaban at Vivsa-Bharati University in Santiniketan.
The Bangladesh Prime Minister attended Visva-Bharati Convocation Ceremony as the guest of honour.
- Most viewed
- Alia Bhatt and Ranbir Kapoor likely to tie the knot in 2020
- Priyanka, Nick Jonas arrive together in India
- WB should support national priority of a country, WB ED tells PM
- Act now to protect migrants vulnerable to trafficking, exploitation: UN
- Suu Kyi says outside hate narratives driving Myanmar tension
- 22 June Births
- 22 June Deaths
- 22 June Events
- Get hands on healthy food this yoga day
- Chicago lawyers walk in heels to end sexual assault
- AL announced a reception on July 21 for PM
- 68.5m people displaced worldwide: UN
- Keep it up, PM to women cricketers
- ‘Amar Sonar Bangla’ now in Belarusian language
- Tonu Killing: CID to get suspects’ DNA reports next week
- World's oldest Sumatran orangutan Puan died
- New Zealand PM gives birth to baby girl
- Your kids’ obesity may up knee, hip osteoarthritis risk later