‘Fake pir’ arrested for ‘harassing’ women in Manikganj
Published : 31 May 2018, 15:29
Police on Wednesday arrested a ‘Pir’ (religious leader) for his alleged involvement in harassing women in Bhatbaur village of Sadar upazila.
The arrestee was identified as Abu Taher, 57, a residence of the village.
Locals said that Lutfur Rahman, a devotee of the Pir and hailing from Tillir Char village in Saturia upazila, used to visit him along with his wife with a hope to be blessed with a child.
Abu Taher tried to violate Lutfur’s wife with a promise to be blessed with a baby.
Later, Lutfur Rahman filed a written complaint with Dighi Union Parishad over the matter.
Following the allegation and other reports against the Pir, village arbitration was arranged on Wednesday where locals gave him a good thrash and handed over to police.
Rakibuzzaman, officer-in-charge of Sadar Police Station, said a case was filed against Abu Taher under Women and Children Repression Act.
- Most viewed
- 5 special Eid-ul-Adha Dishe for guest
- Mother, daughter found dead in Bogra
- Khaleda, Tarique directly involved in Aug 21 grenade attack: PM
- PM pays tribute to August 21 grenade attack victims
- 21 April Events
- 21 April Births
- 21 April Deaths
- Weinstein accuser Asia Argento paid teen who made sex assault claim
- Cabinet approves ‘Sarkari Chakori Ain, 2018’
- Girls' supremacy finally over
- Saff U-15 girls eye more glory in final today
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick Jonas are officially engaged
- The 18th Asian Games got off to a glorious start
- U-15 girls take on Bhutan in SAFF semi
- SAFF U-15 girls reach final beating Bhutan 5-0
- Youth found dead at Chattogram hotel
- Huma Qureshi didn’t care about working with Khans
- Woman held in city for ‘spreading rumour on Facebook’