Khaleda’s bail extended until June 28 in Zia Charitable case
Published : 04 Jun 2018, 13:02
A court here on Monday extended the bail of BNP Chairperson Khaleda Zia until June 28 in Zia Charitable Trust graft case.
Judge Md Akhteruzzaman of the Special Judge Court-5 passed the order and fixed the new date.
The court also withdrew production warrant issued against Khaleda Zia.
However, Khaleda, was not produced before the court as she is ill, said her lawyer Sanaullah Miah.
Earlier, on May 10, the court extended bail of Khaleda Zia until June 4 in the corruption case.
On April 22, the same court extended her bail until May 10 in the graft case.
The same court on February 8 convicted the former prime minister and sentenced her to five years' imprisonment in the Zia Orphanage Trust graft case.
On August 8, 2011, the ACC filed the Zia Charitable Trust graft case with Tejgaon Police Station accusing four people, including Khaleda Zia, of abusing power in raising funds for the trust from unknown sources.
- Most viewed
- Mother, daughter found dead in Bogra
- Khaleda, Tarique directly involved in Aug 21 grenade attack: PM
- PM pays tribute to August 21 grenade attack victims
- 21 April Events
- 21 April Births
- 21 April Deaths
- Weinstein accuser Asia Argento paid teen who made sex assault claim
- Cabinet approves ‘Sarkari Chakori Ain, 2018’
- Pregnant New Zealand minister cycles to delivery ward
- Girls' supremacy finally over
- Saff U-15 girls eye more glory in final today
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick Jonas are officially engaged
- U-15 girls take on Bhutan in SAFF semi
- SAFF U-15 girls reach final beating Bhutan 5-0
- The 18th Asian Games got off to a glorious start
- Youth found dead at Chattogram hotel
- Caned by headmaster, schoolgirl kills self
- Huma Qureshi didn’t care about working with Khans