Chandpur Mahila League leader killed
Published : 05 Jun 2018, 10:45
A central Mahila League leader was found dead at her residence in Sholaghar area of Faridganj upazila on Monday night.
The deceased was identified as Shahin Sultana Fancy, 50, principal of Gollak Degree College and wife of Advocate Zahirul Islam.
Being informed by locals, police recovered the body around 10 pm, said Waliullah Oli, officer-in-charge of Sadar Model Police Station.
The body bore several injury marks on its head. “She might have been killed by hitting in her head,” said the OC.
Later, police detained the victim’s 58 years old husband who was a former president of Chandpur Bar Association for interrogation, the OC added.
There had been a dispute between the couple as Zahirul married a woman several years ago without getting the consent of his first wife Shahin.
- Most viewed
- So, does Priyanka's mommy approve of rumoured boyfriend Nick
- Burgener wraps up visit to Myanmar; underlines accountability
- Hundreds of women march in Rio to demand legal abortion
- Blame to go to AL grassroots leaders if it fails to win next polls: PM
- Parted at US border by Trump policy, migrants seek their children
- AL Anniversary: PM pays homage to Bangabandhu
- 23 June Births
- 23 June Deaths
- 23 June Events
- Chicago lawyers walk in heels to end sexual assault
- AL announced a reception on July 21 for PM
- 68.5m people displaced worldwide: UN
- Keep it up, PM to women cricketers
- ‘Amar Sonar Bangla’ now in Belarusian language
- Tonu Killing: CID to get suspects’ DNA reports next week
- World's oldest Sumatran orangutan Puan died
- New Zealand PM gives birth to baby girl
- WB should support national priority of a country, WB ED tells PM