Chandpur Mahila League leader killed
Published : 05 Jun 2018, 10:45
A central Mahila League leader was found dead at her residence in Sholaghar area of Faridganj upazila on Monday night.
The deceased was identified as Shahin Sultana Fancy, 50, principal of Gollak Degree College and wife of Advocate Zahirul Islam.
Being informed by locals, police recovered the body around 10 pm, said Waliullah Oli, officer-in-charge of Sadar Model Police Station.
The body bore several injury marks on its head. “She might have been killed by hitting in her head,” said the OC.
Later, police detained the victim’s 58 years old husband who was a former president of Chandpur Bar Association for interrogation, the OC added.
There had been a dispute between the couple as Zahirul married a woman several years ago without getting the consent of his first wife Shahin.
- Most viewed
- 5 special Eid-ul-Adha Dishe for guest
- Mother, daughter found dead in Bogra
- Khaleda, Tarique directly involved in Aug 21 grenade attack: PM
- PM pays tribute to August 21 grenade attack victims
- 21 April Events
- 21 April Births
- 21 April Deaths
- Weinstein accuser Asia Argento paid teen who made sex assault claim
- Cabinet approves ‘Sarkari Chakori Ain, 2018’
- Girls' supremacy finally over
- Saff U-15 girls eye more glory in final today
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick Jonas are officially engaged
- The 18th Asian Games got off to a glorious start
- U-15 girls take on Bhutan in SAFF semi
- SAFF U-15 girls reach final beating Bhutan 5-0
- Youth found dead at Chattogram hotel
- Huma Qureshi didn’t care about working with Khans
- Woman held in city for ‘spreading rumour on Facebook’