Mother, son killed in Savar wall collapse
Published : 11 Jun 2018, 11:34
A woman and her son were killed and her brother was injured as a wall of a water tank collapsed on them in Narsinghapur Banglabazar area of Ashulia early Monday.
The deceased were identified as garment worker Selima Begum and her son Siyam Hossain, hailing from Kamaliapara area under Saghata thana in Gaibandha district. They used to live in the rented house of Nur Mohammad Palwan in the area.
Police and fire service sources said that the wall of the water tank collapsed on them around 5am, leaving Selima and her 10-year old boy dead on the spot and her brother Tutul injured.
The injured was admitted to Orthopedic Hospital (Pangu Hospital).
- Most viewed
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick Jonas are officially engaged
- Huma Qureshi didn’t care about working with Khans
- Woman commits suicide after ‘stabbing husband’ in city
- Saff U-15 girls eye more glory in final today
- 18 August Events
- 18 August Births
- 18 August Deaths
- No cell phones at Deepika, Ranveer destination wedding
- Nick Jonas reaches India for engagement bash with Priyanka
- Williams rebounds from worst loss to advance in Cincy tennis
- Sheikh Hasina to inaugurate 23 bridges, Fatehpur Railway Overpass
- BD beat Nepal 3-0 to emerge group top in SAFF U-15 Women’s championship
- U-15 girls take on Bhutan in SAFF semi
- Caned by headmaster, schoolgirl kills self
- Antibiotic resistance genes in air pose threat to human health: Study
- SAFF U-15 girls reach final beating Bhutan 5-0
- Nation observes National Mourning Day today
- Prime Minister pays homage to Bangabandhu in Tungipara