Mother, son killed in Savar wall collapse
Published : 11 Jun 2018, 11:34
A woman and her son were killed and her brother was injured as a wall of a water tank collapsed on them in Narsinghapur Banglabazar area of Ashulia early Monday.
The deceased were identified as garment worker Selima Begum and her son Siyam Hossain, hailing from Kamaliapara area under Saghata thana in Gaibandha district. They used to live in the rented house of Nur Mohammad Palwan in the area.
Police and fire service sources said that the wall of the water tank collapsed on them around 5am, leaving Selima and her 10-year old boy dead on the spot and her brother Tutul injured.
The injured was admitted to Orthopedic Hospital (Pangu Hospital).
- Most viewed
- So, does Priyanka's mommy approve of rumoured boyfriend Nick
- Burgener wraps up visit to Myanmar; underlines accountability
- Hundreds of women march in Rio to demand legal abortion
- Blame to go to AL grassroots leaders if it fails to win next polls: PM
- Parted at US border by Trump policy, migrants seek their children
- AL Anniversary: PM pays homage to Bangabandhu
- 23 June Births
- 23 June Deaths
- 23 June Events
- Chicago lawyers walk in heels to end sexual assault
- AL announced a reception on July 21 for PM
- 68.5m people displaced worldwide: UN
- Keep it up, PM to women cricketers
- ‘Amar Sonar Bangla’ now in Belarusian language
- Tonu Killing: CID to get suspects’ DNA reports next week
- World's oldest Sumatran orangutan Puan died
- New Zealand PM gives birth to baby girl
- WB should support national priority of a country, WB ED tells PM