4 to die for killing minor girl after rape in Narayanganj
Published : 11 Jun 2018, 16:29
A tribunal here on Monday convicted four people and sentenced them to death for killing a minor girl after rape in 2003.
The convicts are Sujon, Alamin, Abul Kalam and Shahdat. All of them were tried in absentia.
According to the prosecution, the convicts took the ten-year-old girl of Alirtek area in Sadar upazila to a mustard filed and violated the girl in turns on January 13, 2003.
Later, they killed the girl and left the body there.
On the following day, local people spotted the body and informed the matter to police who sent the body to Sadar Hospital morgue.
A case was filed with Fatullah Police station against the four people.
Later, police submitted a chargesheet against the four convicts.
After examining the records and five witnesses, Women and Children Repression Prevention Tribunal Judge Jewel Rana handed down the verdict.
- Most viewed
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick Jonas are officially engaged
- Huma Qureshi didn’t care about working with Khans
- Woman commits suicide after ‘stabbing husband’ in city
- Saff U-15 girls eye more glory in final today
- 18 August Events
- 18 August Births
- 18 August Deaths
- No cell phones at Deepika, Ranveer destination wedding
- Nick Jonas reaches India for engagement bash with Priyanka
- Williams rebounds from worst loss to advance in Cincy tennis
- Sheikh Hasina to inaugurate 23 bridges, Fatehpur Railway Overpass
- BD beat Nepal 3-0 to emerge group top in SAFF U-15 Women’s championship
- U-15 girls take on Bhutan in SAFF semi
- Caned by headmaster, schoolgirl kills self
- Antibiotic resistance genes in air pose threat to human health: Study
- SAFF U-15 girls reach final beating Bhutan 5-0
- Nation observes National Mourning Day today
- Prime Minister pays homage to Bangabandhu in Tungipara