4 to die for killing minor girl after rape in Narayanganj
Published : 11 Jun 2018, 16:29
A tribunal here on Monday convicted four people and sentenced them to death for killing a minor girl after rape in 2003.
The convicts are Sujon, Alamin, Abul Kalam and Shahdat. All of them were tried in absentia.
According to the prosecution, the convicts took the ten-year-old girl of Alirtek area in Sadar upazila to a mustard filed and violated the girl in turns on January 13, 2003.
Later, they killed the girl and left the body there.
On the following day, local people spotted the body and informed the matter to police who sent the body to Sadar Hospital morgue.
A case was filed with Fatullah Police station against the four people.
Later, police submitted a chargesheet against the four convicts.
After examining the records and five witnesses, Women and Children Repression Prevention Tribunal Judge Jewel Rana handed down the verdict.
- Most viewed
- So, does Priyanka's mommy approve of rumoured boyfriend Nick
- Burgener wraps up visit to Myanmar; underlines accountability
- Hundreds of women march in Rio to demand legal abortion
- Blame to go to AL grassroots leaders if it fails to win next polls: PM
- Parted at US border by Trump policy, migrants seek their children
- AL Anniversary: PM pays homage to Bangabandhu
- 23 June Births
- 23 June Deaths
- 23 June Events
- Chicago lawyers walk in heels to end sexual assault
- AL announced a reception on July 21 for PM
- 68.5m people displaced worldwide: UN
- Keep it up, PM to women cricketers
- ‘Amar Sonar Bangla’ now in Belarusian language
- Tonu Killing: CID to get suspects’ DNA reports next week
- World's oldest Sumatran orangutan Puan died
- New Zealand PM gives birth to baby girl
- WB should support national priority of a country, WB ED tells PM