PM Sheikh Hasina returns home from Canada
Published : 13 Jun 2018, 11:10
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina returned home on Tuesday night wrapping up her four-day official visit to Canada to attend the outreach session of G7 Summit.
The Prime Minister joined the outreach session of the G7 Summit at the invitation of her Canadian counterpart Justine Trudeau.
An Emirates flight carrying the premier and her entourage members landed at Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport in Dhaka at 11:20 pm.
On her way back home, Sheikh Hasina had a five-hour stopover in Dubai.
The Prime Minister attended the outreach session of the G7 Summit at Hotel Le Manoir Richelieu in Quebec on Saturday.
She joined the G7 Outreach Session with 16 other world dignitaries beyond the Group of Seven (G7), a platform of the world’s seven largest advanced economies – Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, the United Kingdom (UK) and the United States.
Sheikh Hasina also held a meeting with Justine Trudeau on Sunday morning at her place of residence at Hotel Chateau Frontenac.
On Friday, she attended a dinner hosted by the Governor General of Canada in honour of heads of state and government who took part in the G7 Summit and the outreach programme.
From Quebec, Sheikh Hasina returned to Toronto on Sunday and addressed a reception accorded to her by Canada chapter of Awami League.
She held a meeting with Special Envoy of Canada on Myanmar Bob Rae at her hotel The Ritz Carlton on Monday morning.
The Prime Minister also had a meeting with Deputy Premier of Saskatchewan and Minister for Trade and Export Development Gordon Wyant Q.C. and Minister of Immigration and Career Training of Saskatchewan Jeremy Harrison and business leaders of Saskatchewan Province.
Before departing Toronto, Sheikh Hasina held a meeting with President and CEO of Commercial Corporation of Canada (CCC) Martin Zablocki at her hotel.
- Most viewed
- Katrina Kaif’s character in ‘Thugs of Hindostan’ revealed
- 21 September Events
- 21 September Births
- 21 September Deaths
- Quitting junk food can have withdrawals as drug addiction
- FIFA to upgrade flights, raise prize money for Women's World Cup
- Bangladesh Asia’s 2nd most gender equal country: WEF
- PM flies for New York to join 73rd UNGA
- Receiving Smita Patil award validates my choices: Anushka
- 10% pass in Dhaka University ‘Ga’ unit admission test
- Bangabandhu struggled for peace and equality: PM
- Bangladesh least innovative country in Asia
- 15 September Deaths
- Technical school & college to be built in each upazila: PM
- 15 September Events
- Sonam believes Kangana is a troublemaker
- Technology is the best way to develop country: Sheikh Hasina
- Seven-day skin care routine for lovely looks