AL announced a reception on July 21 for PM
Published : 19 Jun 2018, 18:00
Ruling Awami League today announced that it will hold a reception on July 21 for Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina for being conferred with Doctor of Literature (DLitt) degree from Kazi Nazrul University (KNU) of India.
Awami League General Secretary Obaidul Quader told this to reporters at a briefing at the party’s Dhanmondi office this afternoon.
The reception program will be held at Suhrawardy Udyan in Dhaka on July 21, Quader said.
The KNU authorities on May 26 conferred the honorary DLitt degree to Hasina in recognition of her outstanding contributions towards building an exploitation and disparity-free society, which is the ideal of poet Kazi Nazrul Islam.
The degree was conferred to the prime minister at a special convocation ceremony of KNU at Asansol in West Bengal of India.
- Most viewed
- Keto or vegan? Hear it from the nutritionist
- Happy Birthday Priyanka Chopra: 5 times actress turned heads
- Wonder benefits of coconut oil
- Google faces record 4.3-bn-euro EU fine over Android
- HSC, equivalent exams results tomorrow
- Sonam Kapoor's Truly 'The Good Wife'
- Use jute bags, break up with plastics: Prime Minister
- Quota movement is discreet campaign against FFs children
- Theresa May wins key Brexit vote despite ongoing rebellion
- Prime Minister visits Pabna today
- ‘We’re on top of the world anyways’: Croatia’s president
- Tigresses ensure participation of ICC World T20
- Bangladesh Tigress will face Scotland tonight
- France-Croatia to fight for World Cup 2018 title tonight
- What you should know about Croatian President Kolinda Kitarovic
- France crowned World Cup 2018 champions after beating Croatia
- No more ‘hot women’- FIFA wants fewer images of attractive female fans in stadiums
- Bangladesh emerge all-win champions in Women's WT20 Qualifiers