AL announced a reception on July 21 for PM
Published : 19 Jun 2018, 18:00
Ruling Awami League today announced that it will hold a reception on July 21 for Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina for being conferred with Doctor of Literature (DLitt) degree from Kazi Nazrul University (KNU) of India.
Awami League General Secretary Obaidul Quader told this to reporters at a briefing at the party’s Dhanmondi office this afternoon.
The reception program will be held at Suhrawardy Udyan in Dhaka on July 21, Quader said.
The KNU authorities on May 26 conferred the honorary DLitt degree to Hasina in recognition of her outstanding contributions towards building an exploitation and disparity-free society, which is the ideal of poet Kazi Nazrul Islam.
The degree was conferred to the prime minister at a special convocation ceremony of KNU at Asansol in West Bengal of India.
- Most viewed
- 'I was raped at 16 and I kept silent'
- Wife of Malaysia's ex-PM arrives for questions in 1MDB case
- PM invited to WEF annual meeting
- Judi Dench honoured at Spain film festival
- PM urges int’l community to ensure easy transfer of technology
- Prime Minister for upholding dignity of UN peacekeeping
- 26 September Births
- 26 September Events
- 26 September Deaths
- Prime Minister to address 73rd Session UNGA September 27
- FIFA to upgrade flights, raise prize money for Women's World Cup
- Bangladesh Asia’s 2nd most gender equal country: WEF
- PM not interested holding dialogue with BNP
- Over 300m children out of school globally: UNICEF
- PM to receive 2 awards for her leadership over Rohingya issue
- PM flies for New York to join 73rd UNGA
- Doob to represent Bangladesh in 91st Oscar
- Female RMG worker loses leg in Savar road crash