Prime Minister meets President
Published : 20 Jun 2018, 12:27
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina met President M Abdul Hamid at Bangabhaban on Tuesday evening.
During the meeting, Sheikh Hasina exchanged Eid greetings with Abdul Hamid, said President's Press Secretary Joynal Abedin.
The Prime Minister also apprised the President of the outcomes of her recent visits different countries -- Saudi Arabia for joining the military drill 'Gulf Shield One', the UK for attending the Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting (CHOGM), Australia for taking part in the Global Summit of Women-2018, India, and Canada for participating in the G-7 Leaders' Outreach Session.
Abdul Hamid congratulated Sheikh Hasina for receiving the honorary Doctor of Literature degree from Kazi Nazrul Islam University at Asansol of West Bengal during her India tour.
The university authorities conferred the honorary degree upon Sheikh Hasina in recognition of her outstanding contributions towards building exploitation- and disparity-free society, which is the ideal of Poet Kazi Nazrul Islam.
Sheikh Hasina along Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi unveiled the plaque of Bangladesh Bhaban at Vivsa-Bharati University in Santiniketan during her two-day visit to India.
Earlier on her arrival at Bangabhaban at 7:35 pm, the Prime Minister was received by the President with a bouquet.
Secretaries concerned and high officials of both the President and Prime Minister's offices were present.
- Most viewed
- Want to work for people until death: Prime Minister
- Rabindra-Nazrul Jayanti celebrated in London
- People stream to Suhrawardy Udyan for Hasina's reception
- Temperature may fall by (1-2)°C over country
- Bangladeshi Sharmin wins Commonwealth recognition
- British PM’s trade envoy Rushanara due today
- AL to hold mass reception to Prime Minister today
- 21 July Events
- 21 July Births
- ‘We’re on top of the world anyways’: Croatia’s president
- What you should know about Croatian President Kolinda Kitarovic
- Bangladesh emerge all-win champions in Women's WT20 Qualifiers
- France-Croatia to fight for World Cup 2018 title tonight
- France crowned World Cup 2018 champions after beating Croatia
- Use jute bags, break up with plastics: Prime Minister
- HSC, equivalent exams results tomorrow
- 'I had to make my kidnapper fall in love with me': Chloe Ayling
- Putin, Macron, Kitarovic to watch World Cup final