99 lakh jobs by 2020: Prime Minister
Published : 20 Jun 2018, 17:54
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina on Wednesday said about 99 lakh new workforce would be added to the country’s manpower sector by 2020.
Out of them, about 20 lakh workers would go abroad with job while others to find job in local markets as planned in the 7th Five Year Plan, she said.
The prime minister said this in her scripted reply to a question from treasury bench member Shamsul Haque Chowdhury during PM’s question-answer session in the parliament here today.
Average rate of Gross Domestic Product (GDP) during 7th Five Year Plan has been estimated to 7.4 percent which would reach to 8 percent by 2020, the prime minister said.
Sheikh Hasina said the 7th Five Year Plan has been aimed at expediting local and foreign investment, build competent workforce, expansion of new digital technology, enhancement of productivity, bring stability in overall economic sector, expedite green growth and build an sustainable, prosperous, inclusive and climate-tolerant future.
Sheikh Hasina said the government has already completed plan to establish 30 Special Economic Zones (SEZ) as part of a long-term plan to build 100 SPZs across the country. These SEZs would increase the country’s export to 40 billion US dollar, creating about 10 million jobs, she said.
- Most viewed
- AL to hold mass reception to Prime Minister today
- 21 July Events
- 21 July Births
- 21 July Deaths
- Keto or vegan? Hear it from the nutritionist
- Happy Birthday Priyanka Chopra: 5 times actress turned heads
- Wonder benefits of coconut oil
- Google faces record 4.3-bn-euro EU fine over Android
- HSC, equivalent exams results tomorrow
- ‘We’re on top of the world anyways’: Croatia’s president
- What you should know about Croatian President Kolinda Kitarovic
- Bangladesh emerge all-win champions in Women's WT20 Qualifiers
- France-Croatia to fight for World Cup 2018 title tonight
- France crowned World Cup 2018 champions after beating Croatia
- Use jute bags, break up with plastics: Prime Minister
- 'I had to make my kidnapper fall in love with me': Chloe Ayling
- Putin, Macron, Kitarovic to watch World Cup final
- Asif Akbar to act in movies