AL Anniversary: PM pays homage to Bangabandhu
Published : 23 Jun 2018, 12:12
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina on Saturday paid tributes to Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman, marking the 69th founding anniversary of Awami League.
She placed a wreath at the portrait of Bangabandhu at Bangabandhu Memorial Museum at Dhanmondi-32.
After laying the wreath, the Prime Minister stood in solemn silence for some time as a mark of respect to the memory of the Father of the Nation.
Later, Sheikh Hasina, also the President of Bangladesh Awami League, placed another wreath at the Bangabandhu’s portrait as the party chief.
Senior leaders of the party, including Industries Minister Amir Hossain Amu, Commerce Minister Tofail Ahmed, Agriculture Minister Begum Matia Chowdhury, Housing and Public Works Minister Engineer Mosharraf Hossain, Awami League Presidium Member Advocate Sahara Khatun and Road Transport and Bridges Minister and general secretary of the party Obaidul Quader, were present on the occasion.
- Most viewed
- PM urges journalists to use professional scope for people’s welfare
- Facebook accused of hiding job ads from women
- Instant triple talaq an offence in India
- Bangladesh hand Lebanon 8-0 thrashing
- 19 September Events
- 19 September Births
- 19 September Deaths
- Newspaper is mirror of society: PM
- UK Foreign Secy Hunt to meet Suu Kyi during Myanmar visit
- 14 September Births
- Dhaka University admission tests begin today
- 6 female activists of Jamaat held in Bogura
- 14 September Events
- 14 September Deaths
- Instagram rolls out new feature to help users with drug issues
- Women should be proud of their beauty: Jhanvi Kapoor
- Halle Berry to make directorial debut with bruised
- Choose natural plants to connect you to your interiors