My Family is AL, its leaders and activists: PM
Published : 30 Jun 2018, 15:33
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina on Saturday said “My family is Bangladesh Awami League (AL), its leaders and activists.”
“I lost my family members in 1975. We have called you at the special meeting as a family members of AL. Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman made the party of AL by his own hand for the people of Bangladesh,” she said.
She made this discussion at a special extended meeting of Awami League at her official Ganabhaban residence.
The leaders of Barishal, Chattagram, Rajshahi and Sylhet divisions have attended the meeting.
“We should be united for next parliamentary election. We should avoid factional clash so that people can cast their vote to ‘Boat,’ the Prime Minister said.
“Now, Bangladesh is a role model of development. We are giving books for school students by free of cost to expand education. We are supplying food for school children, now, almost 100 percent children go to school, she said.”
The main intention of this activities are to educate Bangladesh citizens, the premier said.
We have exchanged enclave with India by maintaining friendly relation.
“We have developed communication sectors. We want to shift our every village into town,” she said.
She also said “We will celebrate Bangabandhu’s 100 birth anniversary in 2020 as poverty free country.”
Road Transport and Bridges Minister Obaidul Quader also spoke on the occasion.
- Most viewed
- Keto or vegan? Hear it from the nutritionist
- Happy Birthday Priyanka Chopra: 5 times actress turned heads
- Wonder benefits of coconut oil
- Google faces record 4.3-bn-euro EU fine over Android
- HSC, equivalent exams results tomorrow
- Sonam Kapoor's Truly 'The Good Wife'
- Use jute bags, break up with plastics: Prime Minister
- Quota movement is discreet campaign against FFs children
- Theresa May wins key Brexit vote despite ongoing rebellion
- Prime Minister visits Pabna today
- ‘We’re on top of the world anyways’: Croatia’s president
- Tigresses ensure participation of ICC World T20
- Bangladesh Tigress will face Scotland tonight
- France-Croatia to fight for World Cup 2018 title tonight
- What you should know about Croatian President Kolinda Kitarovic
- France crowned World Cup 2018 champions after beating Croatia
- No more ‘hot women’- FIFA wants fewer images of attractive female fans in stadiums
- Bangladesh emerge all-win champions in Women's WT20 Qualifiers