My Family is AL, its leaders and activists: PM
Published : 30 Jun 2018, 15:33
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina on Saturday said “My family is Bangladesh Awami League (AL), its leaders and activists.”
“I lost my family members in 1975. We have called you at the special meeting as a family members of AL. Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman made the party of AL by his own hand for the people of Bangladesh,” she said.
She made this discussion at a special extended meeting of Awami League at her official Ganabhaban residence.
The leaders of Barishal, Chattagram, Rajshahi and Sylhet divisions have attended the meeting.
“We should be united for next parliamentary election. We should avoid factional clash so that people can cast their vote to ‘Boat,’ the Prime Minister said.
“Now, Bangladesh is a role model of development. We are giving books for school students by free of cost to expand education. We are supplying food for school children, now, almost 100 percent children go to school, she said.”
The main intention of this activities are to educate Bangladesh citizens, the premier said.
We have exchanged enclave with India by maintaining friendly relation.
“We have developed communication sectors. We want to shift our every village into town,” she said.
She also said “We will celebrate Bangabandhu’s 100 birth anniversary in 2020 as poverty free country.”
Road Transport and Bridges Minister Obaidul Quader also spoke on the occasion.
- Most viewed
- 'I was raped at 16 and I kept silent'
- Wife of Malaysia's ex-PM arrives for questions in 1MDB case
- PM invited to WEF annual meeting
- Judi Dench honoured at Spain film festival
- PM urges int’l community to ensure easy transfer of technology
- Prime Minister for upholding dignity of UN peacekeeping
- 26 September Births
- 26 September Events
- 26 September Deaths
- Prime Minister to address 73rd Session UNGA September 27
- FIFA to upgrade flights, raise prize money for Women's World Cup
- Bangladesh Asia’s 2nd most gender equal country: WEF
- PM not interested holding dialogue with BNP
- Over 300m children out of school globally: UNICEF
- PM to receive 2 awards for her leadership over Rohingya issue
- PM flies for New York to join 73rd UNGA
- Doob to represent Bangladesh in 91st Oscar
- Female RMG worker loses leg in Savar road crash