Drug addict kills 3 including mother, brother in Pabna
Published : 04 Jul 2018, 10:48
A young man allegedly hacked three of his family members to death at Shona Padma village in Bera upazila early Wednesday.
The deceased were identified as Buli Begum, 35, wife of Mithu Sheikh of the village, her son Tushar, 10, and her sister Mariam Khatun, 50.
Goutam Kumar Biswas, additional superintendent of Pabna Police, said Tuhin, son of Buli Begum, stabbed his mother, brother and maternal aunt with a sharp weapon while they were sleeping in a room around 4 am.
Later in the morning, police recovered the bodies and sent those to Pabna Sadar Hospital morgue for autopsy, said Mozaffar Hossain, officer-in-charge of Bera Model Police Station.
Tuhin's wife Runa Akter said her husband was mentally retarded and had been suffering from typhoid for last two months.
- Most viewed
- Doob to represent Bangladesh in 91st Oscar
- Prime Minister leaves London for New York
- Rock your locks with stylish chic buns
- Tempting sev puri to satisfy your craving
- James Bond to be back in 2020
- Mother ‘hacked dead’ by ‘drug addict’ son in Kushtia
- 23 September Events
- 23 September Births
- 23 September Deaths
- 10% pass in Dhaka University ‘Ga’ unit admission test
- Bangladesh least innovative country in Asia
- Seven-day skin care routine for lovely looks
- Prime Minister to address 73rd Session UNGA September 27
- PM leaves for London Friday en route to NY to join 73rd UNGA
- Instant triple talaq an offence in India
- 2 hijras among 3 hurt in Savar gun attack
- PM unveils ‘World Skills Bangladesh’ logo
- Bangladesh hand Lebanon 8-0 thrashing