3 sued for ‘rape attempt’ on 2 sisters in Sylhet
Published : 04 Jul 2018, 13:16
A case has been filed against three people for their alleged attempt to rape two sisters at Chatal Baroduari village in Sadar upazila.
Victim’s mother filed the case with Sadar Police Station on Monday.
The accused are Shamim Ahmed, son of late Monu Miah, Zahed Miah, son of Nuruddin, and Tafur, son of Asgar Ali of the village.
According to the case statement, the accused used to harass the girls.
On June 28, the trio stormed their house at night when they were alone and tried to rape them.
They fled the scene after neighbours rushed in hearing victims’ screams.
Officer-in-charge of Airport Police Station Gousul Hossain said they were trying to arrest the accused.
- Most viewed
- Doob to represent Bangladesh in 91st Oscar
- Prime Minister leaves London for New York
- Rock your locks with stylish chic buns
- Tempting sev puri to satisfy your craving
- James Bond to be back in 2020
- Mother ‘hacked dead’ by ‘drug addict’ son in Kushtia
- 23 September Events
- 23 September Births
- 23 September Deaths
- 10% pass in Dhaka University ‘Ga’ unit admission test
- Bangladesh least innovative country in Asia
- Seven-day skin care routine for lovely looks
- Prime Minister to address 73rd Session UNGA September 27
- PM leaves for London Friday en route to NY to join 73rd UNGA
- Instant triple talaq an offence in India
- 2 hijras among 3 hurt in Savar gun attack
- PM unveils ‘World Skills Bangladesh’ logo
- Bangladesh hand Lebanon 8-0 thrashing