SC order on Khaleda’s review petition Thursday
Published : 09 Jul 2018, 16:16
The Supreme Court on Monday fixed Thursday for passing an order on two petitions filed by BNP chairperson Khaleda Zia seeking review of its earlier order that asked the High Court to hear and dispose of her appeal in Zia Orphanage Trust Corruption case by July 31.
A four-member bench of the Appellate Division headed by Chief Justice Syed Mahmud Hossain fixed the date.
Advocates A J Mohammad Ali, Joynal Abedin and Khandaker Mahbub Hossain stood for Khaleda Zia while attorney general Mahbubey Alam for the state and Advocate Khurshid Alam for the Anti-Corruption Commission.
Earlier on May 16, the SC upheld the High Court order that had granted bail to convicted BNP Chairperson Khaleda Zia in Zia Orphanage Trust graft case.
The SC also issued an order to dispose of Khaleda's appeal challenging the lower court's verdict in the case by July 31.
Later, Khaleda’s lawyer filed a petition on June 25 seeking review of the order.
On February 8, the Dhaka Special Court-5 convicted the former Prime Minister and BNP chairperson and sentenced her to five years' imprisonment in the Zia Orphanage Trust graft case.
She was then sent to old central jail at Nazimuddin Road in the city.
- Most viewed
- Virtual or real? Fashion world split over digital supermodels
- Kenya lifts ban on lesbian film
- Prime Minister to address 73rd Session UNGA September 27
- 22 September Events
- 22 September Births
- 22 September Deaths
- Katrina Kaif’s character in ‘Thugs of Hindostan’ revealed
- 21 September Events
- 21 September Births
- 10% pass in Dhaka University ‘Ga’ unit admission test
- Bangladesh least innovative country in Asia
- Seven-day skin care routine for lovely looks
- PM unveils ‘World Skills Bangladesh’ logo
- Bangladesh hand Lebanon 8-0 thrashing
- 2 hijras among 3 hurt in Savar gun attack
- PM leaves for London Friday en route to NY to join 73rd UNGA
- Instant triple talaq an offence in India
- Hasina, Modi to open Bangladesh-India oil pipeline today