PM Sheikh Hasina’s gift of mangoes to Turkish President Erdogan
Published : 09 Jul 2018, 18:22
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina has sent mangoes to re-elected Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan on his re-election as the head of the Muslim state.
Planning Minister AHM Mustafa Kamal morning left Dhaka for Turkish capital Ankara with the premier’s gift – 100 kilogrammes of the delicious fruit – this morning.
Erdogan will be sworn in as president in a presidential oath ceremony at the President Palace in Ankara at 9:00pm Bangladesh time today. The gift is expected to reach Erdogan before the oath-taking ceremony takes place.
AHM Mustafa Kamal is scheduled to represent Bangladesh at the swearing-in ceremony, said a statement issued from the planning ministry today.
Erdogan was re-elected as the Turkish president after he won in the June 24 presidential elections with over 52 per cent votes.
- Most viewed
- Virtual or real? Fashion world split over digital supermodels
- Kenya lifts ban on lesbian film
- Prime Minister to address 73rd Session UNGA September 27
- 22 September Events
- 22 September Births
- 22 September Deaths
- Katrina Kaif’s character in ‘Thugs of Hindostan’ revealed
- 21 September Events
- 21 September Births
- 10% pass in Dhaka University ‘Ga’ unit admission test
- Bangladesh least innovative country in Asia
- Seven-day skin care routine for lovely looks
- PM unveils ‘World Skills Bangladesh’ logo
- Bangladesh hand Lebanon 8-0 thrashing
- 2 hijras among 3 hurt in Savar gun attack
- PM leaves for London Friday en route to NY to join 73rd UNGA
- Instant triple talaq an offence in India
- Hasina, Modi to open Bangladesh-India oil pipeline today