Khaleda’s bail extended again in Zia Charitable case
Published : 10 Jul 2018, 13:39
A court here on Tuesday again extended the bail of BNP Chairperson Khaleda Zia till July 17 in Zia Charitable Trust graft case.
Judge Md Akhteruzzaman of the Special Judge Court-5 passed the order and fixed the new date.
Earlier on June 28, the same court extended her bail till July 10.
The same court on February 8 convicted the former prime minister and sentenced her to five years' imprisonment in the Zia Orphanage Trust graft case.
On August 8, 2011, the ACC filed a corruption case with Tejgaon Police Station accusing four people, including Khaleda Zia, of abusing power in raising funds for Zia Orphanage Trust from unknown sources.
- Most viewed
- Virtual or real? Fashion world split over digital supermodels
- Kenya lifts ban on lesbian film
- Prime Minister to address 73rd Session UNGA September 27
- 22 September Events
- 22 September Births
- 22 September Deaths
- Katrina Kaif’s character in ‘Thugs of Hindostan’ revealed
- 21 September Events
- 21 September Births
- 10% pass in Dhaka University ‘Ga’ unit admission test
- Bangladesh least innovative country in Asia
- Seven-day skin care routine for lovely looks
- PM unveils ‘World Skills Bangladesh’ logo
- Bangladesh hand Lebanon 8-0 thrashing
- 2 hijras among 3 hurt in Savar gun attack
- PM leaves for London Friday en route to NY to join 73rd UNGA
- Instant triple talaq an offence in India
- Hasina, Modi to open Bangladesh-India oil pipeline today