PM inaugurates Hajj programme-2018
Published : 11 Jul 2018, 12:25
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina inaugurated the Hajj programme-2018 at the Hajj Camp in the capital's Ashkona area on Wednesday morning.
The Prime Minister also met with hajj pilgrims.
This year, a total of 1,26,798 persons will go to Saudi Arabia for performing hajj. Of them, 6,798 will perform hajj under government management while 1,20,000 under private management, he said.
The hajj is likely to be held on August 21 this year subject to the moon sighting, he added.
The pilgrims will go to Saudi Arabia through 528 hajj agencies and the first flight carrying hajj pilgrims to Saudi Arabia is scheduled to begin on July 14 and continue till August 15 while the return hajj flight is scheduled to begin on August 27 and will continued till September 25.
Bangladesh Biman will carry 64,967 pilgrims through 187 flights while the rest 61,831 pilgrims will go to Saudi Arabia through 188 flights of Saudi Airlines this year, he said.
Already 6,114 pilgrims under government management and 13,400 under private managements have got their visas.
Acting religious affairs secretary Anisur Rahman, said Bangladesh Biman has sold 52,000 tickets on hajj purpose while Saudi Airlines sold 46,755 tickets.
He also urged the pilgrims to conduct four medical tests—blood, sugar, x-ray and ECG—before hajj.
The pilgrims can conduct their medical tests at the private hospitals alongside the government hospital.
As per the directives of Saudi Arabia no additional flights will be allowed this year. The pilgrims have to go to Saudi Arabia on their scheduled flight.
- Most viewed
- Katrina Kaif’s character in ‘Thugs of Hindostan’ revealed
- 21 September Events
- 21 September Births
- 21 September Deaths
- Quitting junk food can have withdrawals as drug addiction
- FIFA to upgrade flights, raise prize money for Women's World Cup
- Bangladesh Asia’s 2nd most gender equal country: WEF
- PM flies for New York to join 73rd UNGA
- Receiving Smita Patil award validates my choices: Anushka
- 10% pass in Dhaka University ‘Ga’ unit admission test
- Bangabandhu struggled for peace and equality: PM
- 15 September Deaths
- Bangladesh least innovative country in Asia
- Technical school & college to be built in each upazila: PM
- 15 September Events
- Sonam believes Kangana is a troublemaker
- Technology is the best way to develop country: Sheikh Hasina
- Seven-day skin care routine for lovely looks