Hallmark Chairman Jasmine Islam jailed for 3yrs
Published : 11 Jul 2018, 16:21
A court here on Wednesday sentenced Hallmark group chairman Jasmine Islam to three years imprisonment in a case filed for not submitting her wealth statement to the Anti-Corruption Commission.
Judge of Dhaka Special Judges Court-5 Md Akhtaruzzaman pronounced the verdict and asked Jasmine Islam to pay Tk 20 lakh in fine within 60 days.
Jasmine was present on the dock when the verdict was delivered.
Earlier on November 13 in 2013, the ACC issued a notice to Jasmine Islam asking her to submit wealth statement.
Later, the ACC filed the case against her with Raman Police Station on December 12, 2013 as she did not submit the wealth statement.
On October 22 of 2014, the ACC pressed charges against her.
- Most viewed
- Katrina Kaif’s character in ‘Thugs of Hindostan’ revealed
- 21 September Events
- 21 September Births
- 21 September Deaths
- Quitting junk food can have withdrawals as drug addiction
- FIFA to upgrade flights, raise prize money for Women's World Cup
- Bangladesh Asia’s 2nd most gender equal country: WEF
- PM flies for New York to join 73rd UNGA
- Receiving Smita Patil award validates my choices: Anushka
- 10% pass in Dhaka University ‘Ga’ unit admission test
- Bangabandhu struggled for peace and equality: PM
- 15 September Deaths
- Bangladesh least innovative country in Asia
- Technical school & college to be built in each upazila: PM
- 15 September Events
- Sonam believes Kangana is a troublemaker
- Technology is the best way to develop country: Sheikh Hasina
- Seven-day skin care routine for lovely looks