HC orders Cumilla court to dispose of Khaleda’s bail plea by July 26
Published : 23 Jul 2018, 12:44
The High Court has directed the Cumilla Special Judge Court-1 to dispose of the bail petition filed by BNP Chairperson Khaleda Zia in an arson case filed under the Special Powers Act within July 26 (Thursday).
The HC bench of Justice AKM Asaduzzaman and Justice SM MoziburRahman passed the order on Monday.
On Sunday, the HC bench fixed today (Monday) to pass an order on the bail petition.
Earlier on July 17, Khaleda Zia filed a petition before the court seeking bail in the case.
Eight people were killed and 20 others injured when miscreants hurled a petrol bomb at a bus at Jogmohanpur in Chouddagram of Cumilla district during the BNP-led alliance's movement on February 3, 2015.
Two cases were filed against Khaleda in this connection.
On February 8, Khaleda Zia was sent to jail after a special court sentenced her to five years' rigorous imprisonment in the Zia Orphanage Trust graft case.
- Most viewed
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick Jonas are officially engaged
- Huma Qureshi didn’t care about working with Khans
- Woman commits suicide after ‘stabbing husband’ in city
- Saff U-15 girls eye more glory in final today
- 18 August Events
- 18 August Births
- 18 August Deaths
- No cell phones at Deepika, Ranveer destination wedding
- Nick Jonas reaches India for engagement bash with Priyanka
- Williams rebounds from worst loss to advance in Cincy tennis
- Sheikh Hasina to inaugurate 23 bridges, Fatehpur Railway Overpass
- BD beat Nepal 3-0 to emerge group top in SAFF U-15 Women’s championship
- U-15 girls take on Bhutan in SAFF semi
- Caned by headmaster, schoolgirl kills self
- Antibiotic resistance genes in air pose threat to human health: Study
- Prime Minister pays homage to Bangabandhu in Tungipara
- Nation observes National Mourning Day today
- Speaker pays homage to Bangabandhu