Nepalese PM invites Sheikh Hasina to join BIMSTEC Summit
Published : 05 Aug 2018, 17:23
Nepalese Prime Minister K P Sharma Oli has invited Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina to attend the upcoming 4th BIMSTEC Summit to be held in Kathmandu later this month.
“Sharma Oli made the invitation when he phoned Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina last evening,” PM’s Press Secretary Ihsanul Karim told reporters.
The press secretary said the Nepalese premier phoned her Bangladesh counterpart at 7:30 pm and talked for nearly 10 minutes.
“He (Sharma) especially requested Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina to join the BIMSTEC Summit,” Karim said.
The two leaders also exchanged greetings, he said.
The two-day Summit of the Bay of Bengal Initiative for Multi Sectoral Economic Cooperation (BIMSTEC) is scheduled to begin on August 30 next.
- Most viewed
- 20 August Births
- 20 August Deaths
- Student, Trolled For Selling Fish, Donates Rs. 1.5 Lakh For Flood Aid
- Saudi feminists launch online radio
- Child passive smoking 'risk adult diseases'
- 16 nurses get pregnant at Arizona hospital
- The 18th Asian Games got off to a glorious start
- Girls' supremacy finally over
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick Jonas are officially engaged
- Williams rebounds from worst loss to advance in Cincy tennis
- Sheikh Hasina to inaugurate 23 bridges, Fatehpur Railway Overpass
- BD beat Nepal 3-0 to emerge group top in SAFF U-15 Women’s championship
- U-15 girls take on Bhutan in SAFF semi
- Caned by headmaster, schoolgirl kills self
- Antibiotic resistance genes in air pose threat to human health: Study
- SAFF U-15 girls reach final beating Bhutan 5-0
- Woman held in city for ‘spreading rumour on Facebook’
- Saff U-15 girls eye more glory in final today