Sri Lankan PM Ranil invites PM Hasina to join 3rd IOC
Published : 07 Aug 2018, 10:56
Sri Lankan Prime Minister and current chair of Indian Ocean Conference (IOC) Ranil Wickremesinghe yesterday invited Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina to join the 3rd IOC-2018 to be held in Vietnam later this month.
“The Sri Lankan premier phoned Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina at 3:30 pm and talked for nearly 10 minutes,” PM’s Press Secretary Ihsanul Karim said.
He said Wickremesinghe invited Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina to attend the 3rd IOC.
The two leaders also exchanged pleasantries, the press secretary said.
The two-day 3rd IOC-2018 will be held in the Vietnamese capital of Hanoi on August 27-28.
The 2nd IOC was held in the Sri Lankan capital of Colombo on August 31-Sept 1 last year.
- Most viewed
- 20 August Births
- 20 August Deaths
- Student, Trolled For Selling Fish, Donates Rs. 1.5 Lakh For Flood Aid
- Saudi feminists launch online radio
- Child passive smoking 'risk adult diseases'
- 16 nurses get pregnant at Arizona hospital
- The 18th Asian Games got off to a glorious start
- Girls' supremacy finally over
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick Jonas are officially engaged
- Williams rebounds from worst loss to advance in Cincy tennis
- Sheikh Hasina to inaugurate 23 bridges, Fatehpur Railway Overpass
- BD beat Nepal 3-0 to emerge group top in SAFF U-15 Women’s championship
- U-15 girls take on Bhutan in SAFF semi
- Caned by headmaster, schoolgirl kills self
- Antibiotic resistance genes in air pose threat to human health: Study
- SAFF U-15 girls reach final beating Bhutan 5-0
- Woman held in city for ‘spreading rumour on Facebook’
- Saff U-15 girls eye more glory in final today