Husband, father-in-law to die for killing woman in Satkhira
Published : 07 Aug 2018, 18:03
A court here on Tuesday sentenced a man and his father to death for killing his wife over a family feud at Chanduria village of Kolaroa upazila in the district during 2017.
The convicts were identified as Omar Ali Gazi, 35, and his father Din Mohammad Gazi, 55, of Chanduria village in Kolaroa upazila.
Satkhira District and Session Judge Court Judge Sadikul Islam passed the order.
According to the case statement, the victim Amena Khatun went missing on January 6 in 2017.
After three days, victim’s body was found in Icchamati River, strangled to death.
Victim’s family filed a case against five people including Omar and his parents in this regard with Kolaroa Police Station on January 10.
- Most viewed
- 20 August Events
- 20 August Births
- 20 August Deaths
- Student, Trolled For Selling Fish, Donates Rs. 1.5 Lakh For Flood Aid
- Saudi feminists launch online radio
- Child passive smoking 'risk adult diseases'
- 16 nurses get pregnant at Arizona hospital
- The 18th Asian Games got off to a glorious start
- Girls' supremacy finally over
- Williams rebounds from worst loss to advance in Cincy tennis
- Sheikh Hasina to inaugurate 23 bridges, Fatehpur Railway Overpass
- BD beat Nepal 3-0 to emerge group top in SAFF U-15 Women’s championship
- U-15 girls take on Bhutan in SAFF semi
- Caned by headmaster, schoolgirl kills self
- Antibiotic resistance genes in air pose threat to human health: Study
- SAFF U-15 girls reach final beating Bhutan 5-0
- Woman held in city for ‘spreading rumour on Facebook’
- Saff U-15 girls eye more glory in final today