PM visits hospital to see Sechchasebak League leader and four injured students
Published : 08 Aug 2018, 12:13
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina yesterday visited the National Institute of Ophthalmology and Hospital at Sher-e-Bangla Nagar in the capital to see an Awami Sechchasebak League leader and four students injured in miscreants’ attack during the students’ movement for safe road.
Sheikh Hasina went to the hospital at 6 this evening and enquired about the conditions of Sechchasebak League leader Sheikh Arafatul Islam Bappy, who lost his one eye in the attack, and the four students.
At that time, the premier directed the authorities concerned to take necessary steps to send the injured abroad, if needed, for their better treatment.
AL General Secretary and Road Transport and Bridges Minister Obaidul Quader, former Health Minister Dr AFM Ruhal Haque, Dr Habib-e-Millat, MP, and AL Organising Secretary Enamul Haque Shameem were, among others, present.
- Most viewed
- 20 August Events
- 20 August Births
- 20 August Deaths
- Student, Trolled For Selling Fish, Donates Rs. 1.5 Lakh For Flood Aid
- Saudi feminists launch online radio
- Child passive smoking 'risk adult diseases'
- 16 nurses get pregnant at Arizona hospital
- The 18th Asian Games got off to a glorious start
- Girls' supremacy finally over
- Williams rebounds from worst loss to advance in Cincy tennis
- Sheikh Hasina to inaugurate 23 bridges, Fatehpur Railway Overpass
- BD beat Nepal 3-0 to emerge group top in SAFF U-15 Women’s championship
- U-15 girls take on Bhutan in SAFF semi
- Caned by headmaster, schoolgirl kills self
- Antibiotic resistance genes in air pose threat to human health: Study
- SAFF U-15 girls reach final beating Bhutan 5-0
- Woman held in city for ‘spreading rumour on Facebook’
- Saff U-15 girls eye more glory in final today