Pregnant woman’s body recovered in Savar
Published : 11 Aug 2018, 15:57
Police recovered the hanging body of a pregnant woman from Solai Market area in Bhakuta union here early Saturday.
The deceased was identified as Ratna, 30, wife of Khairul Islam, a lineman of Palli Bidyut Samity.
Locals said that family members found the body of 9-month pregnant Ratna hanging from a ceiling fan at her room and informed police.
Later, police recovered the body and detained Khairul.
Sujan Biswas, sub-inspector of Bhakurta Police Camp, said as autopsy would be done to determine whether the incident was murder or a suicide.
A case was filed with Savar Model Police Station.
- Most viewed
- Virtual or real? Fashion world split over digital supermodels
- Kenya lifts ban on lesbian film
- Prime Minister to address 73rd Session UNGA September 27
- 22 September Events
- 22 September Births
- 22 September Deaths
- Katrina Kaif’s character in ‘Thugs of Hindostan’ revealed
- 21 September Events
- 21 September Births
- 10% pass in Dhaka University ‘Ga’ unit admission test
- Bangladesh least innovative country in Asia
- Seven-day skin care routine for lovely looks
- PM unveils ‘World Skills Bangladesh’ logo
- Bangladesh hand Lebanon 8-0 thrashing
- 2 hijras among 3 hurt in Savar gun attack
- PM leaves for London Friday en route to NY to join 73rd UNGA
- Instant triple talaq an offence in India
- Hasina, Modi to open Bangladesh-India oil pipeline today