Youth found dead at Chattogram hotel
Published : 17 Aug 2018, 15:47
Police recovered the throat-slit body of a young man from a residential hotel in city’s Khulshi area early Friday.
The deceased was identified as Mainuddin alias Shahriar Shubho, 29, son of Sirajul Islam of Balirchar village in Chhagalnaiya upazila of Feni district.
The hotel authorities found the body of Mainuddin in a room and informed the matter to police.
On information, police recovered the body of Mainuddin from Lake View Hotel around 3:30 am and sent it to a hospital morgue, said NasirUddin, officer-in-charge of Khulshi Police Station.
Zafar, elder brother of the deceased, said Mainuddin had developed a love affair with Roksana Akter Popy, daughter of Abu Ahmed in Mirsarai upazila, and they got married three to four years back.
However, the couple got divorced following the pressure of their families, said Zafar . Later, Popy went to China for study purpose and developed relationship with another youth.
On Tuesday, Popy returned to the country and both Popy and Mainuddin rented a room of the hotel in the city, he said.
Mainuddin was killed in a planned way, claimed Zafar.
However, police arrested Popy from Khulshi area while fleeing the hotel, said the OC.
- Most viewed
- Doob to represent Bangladesh in 91st Oscar
- Prime Minister leaves London for New York
- Rock your locks with stylish chic buns
- Tempting sev puri to satisfy your craving
- James Bond to be back in 2020
- Mother ‘hacked dead’ by ‘drug addict’ son in Kushtia
- 23 September Events
- 23 September Births
- 23 September Deaths
- 10% pass in Dhaka University ‘Ga’ unit admission test
- Bangladesh least innovative country in Asia
- Seven-day skin care routine for lovely looks
- Prime Minister to address 73rd Session UNGA September 27
- Instant triple talaq an offence in India
- PM leaves for London Friday en route to NY to join 73rd UNGA
- PM unveils ‘World Skills Bangladesh’ logo
- Bangladesh hand Lebanon 8-0 thrashing
- 2 hijras among 3 hurt in Savar gun attack