PM receives two UNICEF awards for campaign against early marriage
Published : 20 Aug 2018, 15:07
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina today received two international awards given by the UNICEF in recognition to her government’s campaign against early marriage.
The awards are: the Accolade Global Film Competition 2017 Humanitarian Award for Outstanding Achievement and the Accolade Winner Award of Excellence End Child Marriage.
State Minister for Women and Children Affairs Meher Afroz Chumki and Secretary of the Ministry Nasima Begum handed over the two awards to the premier at the outset of the weekly cabinet meeting held at the Prime Minister’s Office here this morning.
- Most viewed
- Seven-day skin care routine for lovely looks
- Hasina, Modi inaugurate Bangladesh-India oil pipeline
- Emmys full of surprises, 'Marvelous Mrs. Maisel' dominates
- 18 September Events
- 18 September Births
- 18 September Deaths
- PM leaves for London Friday en route to NY to join 73rd UNGA
- PM unveils ‘World Skills Bangladesh’ logo
- Hasina, Modi to open Bangladesh-India oil pipeline today
- 14 September Births
- Country is marching forward: Sheikh Hasina
- Dhaka University admission tests begin today
- 6 female activists of Jamaat held in Bogura
- 14 September Deaths
- 14 September Events
- Instagram rolls out new feature to help users with drug issues
- Women should be proud of their beauty: Jhanvi Kapoor
- Halle Berry to make directorial debut with bruised