5 schoolboys ‘go missing’ in Cox’s Bazar
Published : 10 Sep 2018, 10:54
Five students of two schools in Cox’s Bazar reportedly remained missing since Sunday morning, creating panic among teachers and guardians.
The missing students are Shihad Uddin, a class IX student of Poura Preparatory High School, HK Galib Uddin, Shahriar Kamal Akib, Safin Nur, students of class VIII and Syed Nakib, a student of class VII of Cox's Bazar High School.
Guardians of the students alleged that their sons went out of their homes around 11:00am for schools but did not return till night.
Later, they informed the school authorities who told them that the students were absent in their classes.
Galib Uddin, elder son of lawyer Abdul Amin, went out of home in the morning and did not return, said Mohammad Nezamul Haque, a colleague of Abdul Amin.
Morshedul Alam said his two nephews Akib and Safin remained missing since they went out of their home for school.
Ram Mohon Sen, headmaster of Cox's Bazar Government Primary School, said the students were absent in their classes and their guardians complained him that they were missing.
Jalal Hossain, uncle of missing Shihab, said he went to the local police station but police asked for more information for filing a GD.
Farid Uddin, officer-in-charge of Cox's Bazar police station, said he had no knowledge about such missing incidents as no one lodged any complaint.
However, the guardians fear that their boys might have been abducted in a planned way.
- Most viewed
- Seven-day skin care routine for lovely looks
- Hasina, Modi inaugurate Bangladesh-India oil pipeline
- Emmys full of surprises, 'Marvelous Mrs. Maisel' dominates
- 18 September Events
- 18 September Births
- 18 September Deaths
- PM leaves for London Friday en route to NY to join 73rd UNGA
- PM unveils ‘World Skills Bangladesh’ logo
- Hasina, Modi to open Bangladesh-India oil pipeline today
- 14 September Births
- Country is marching forward: Sheikh Hasina
- Dhaka University admission tests begin today
- 6 female activists of Jamaat held in Bogura
- 14 September Deaths
- 14 September Events
- Instagram rolls out new feature to help users with drug issues
- Women should be proud of their beauty: Jhanvi Kapoor
- Halle Berry to make directorial debut with bruised