Book of poems on Sheikh Hasina published
Published : 04 Mar 2018, 20:45
Peace and Harmony, a book of 71 selected poems on Sheikh Hasina written by prominent poets has been published.
The poems were originally written in Bengali and then translated into English. It contains poems in both English and Bengali. The Bangla version has been named 'Peace and Coexistence'.
The book has been translated into English by Anis Muhammad and edited by Jahangirnagar University's English Department Professor Ahmed Reza. The book has published by 'Bangla Motorer Storyteller Prakashani' in Dhaka. The book was published during this year's Ekushey book fair, official sources said.
The book has been dedicated to Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina, the Awami League President and eldest daughter of Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman.
The poems reflect Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina's work, her culture, consciousness, non-communal movement, her life, her actions, different movements, struggles, country-run images, Bangabandhu and his family members, protest of black night on August 15, the execution of war criminals, establishment of democracy, liberation war and the country's founding father's policy for establishing a non-communal Bangladesh.
The 71 poems were written by Kabir Chowdhury, Syed Shamsul Haque, Borhan Uddin Khan Jahangir, Tofazzal Hossain, Belal Chowdhury, Anwara Syed Haque, Kazi Abu Zafar Siddiqui, Rafiq Azad, Rabiul Hussain, Mahadev Saha, Habibullah Siraji, Nirmalendu Goon, Asim Saha, Zahidul Haque, Muhammad Nurul Huda, Akhtar Hussain, Kazi Roji, Shihab Sarkar, Halim Azad, Nasir Ahmed, Kamal Chowdhury, Yafes Osman, Nooh Alam Lenin, Azizur Rahman Aziz, Dulal Sarkar, Mohammad Sadiq, Muhammad Samad, Khaled Bin Jainuddin, Bulbul Mahalanish, Dilara Hafiz, Minar Mansur, Khaled Hossain, Salahuddin Badal, Shahjadi Anjuman Ara, Shyamsundar Shikder, Amirul Islam, Tariq Sujat and Aslam Sani.
Professor Ahmed Reza, editor and Anis Mohammad, translator, jointly compiled the book.
Officials said the book was released with the approval of Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina. The approval letter was given by the Prime Minister's Office on page-207 of the book.
Artist Masuk Helal made the cover of the book, while the graphic artist was SM Billal Hossain.
- Most viewed
- Mother, daughter found dead in Bogra
- Khaleda, Tarique directly involved in Aug 21 grenade attack: PM
- PM pays tribute to August 21 grenade attack victims
- 21 April Events
- 21 April Births
- 21 April Deaths
- Weinstein accuser Asia Argento paid teen who made sex assault claim
- Cabinet approves ‘Sarkari Chakori Ain, 2018’
- Pregnant New Zealand minister cycles to delivery ward
- Girls' supremacy finally over
- Saff U-15 girls eye more glory in final today
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick Jonas are officially engaged
- U-15 girls take on Bhutan in SAFF semi
- SAFF U-15 girls reach final beating Bhutan 5-0
- The 18th Asian Games got off to a glorious start
- Youth found dead at Chattogram hotel
- Caned by headmaster, schoolgirl kills self
- Huma Qureshi didn’t care about working with Khans