Preparation on to celebrate Durga puja
Published : 16 Sep 2017, 18:30
Preparations for celebration of Durga Puja, the biggest religious festival of the Hindu community, are progressing fast throughout the country.
The festival will begin on September 26 and conclude on September 30 through the immersion of idols in rivers.
In Bagerhat, about 606 puja mandaps have been set up for the big celebration in the district.
Sculptors are passing very busy time to give the final touches on Goddess Durga and other idols.
Lighting and final decoration work is going on in the all puja mandaps.
A total of 651 idols have been set up in Hakimpur Sikder Bari puja mandap in Sadar upazila.
Bijoy Krishna Bachar, artist of the Hakimpur Sikder Bari Puja Mandap, said that they are now colouring the idols and setting up ornaments on the idol.
Pankaj Chandra Roy, superintendent of Bagerhat Police, said that the puja will be celebrated in 606 temples in nine upazilas of the district. Security measures have been taken ahead of durga puja.
In Chapainawabganj, a total of 126 Durga puja mandaps are being erected in the districts.
Among them, 55 in Sadar upazila, 35 in Shibganj, 11 in Nachole, 23 in Gomostapur upazila and 2 in Bholahat upazilas are being prepared for celebration.
Artists are now busy giving finishing touches to the images of deities to make the idols attractive to the devotees and the visitors.
Sri Dhananjay Kumar Chattopadday, organising secretary of Puja Celebration Committee, urged for cooperation for all for celebrating the puja peacefully and in festive manner.
In Magura, Durga idol has been set up in 629 puja mandaps of four upazilas of the district.
Advocate Pradyut Kumar Singh, president of Puja Udjapon Parisad, said that 200 puja mandaps in sadar upazila, 20 in Magura municipal area, 136 in Sripur upazila, 125 in Mohammadpur upazila and 148 in Salikha upazila are being prepared for celebrating puja.
Monibur Rahman, superintendent of Magura Police, said that safety measure has been taken for ensuring security of the puja mandaps.
In Brahmanbaria, a total of 519 puja mandaps have been set up in nine upazilas of the district to celebrate Durga Puja.
In Jessore, total 647 puja mandaps have been set up in eight upazilas when 100 idol makers are now busy in polishing the idols at the last minute.
In Benapole, 26 puja mandaps have been erected in Benapole port thana and Sharsha upazila to celebrate Durga Puja.
- Most viewed
- British PM’s trade envoy Rushanara in city
- Housewife gang-raped in Chattogram
- 22 July Events
- 22 July Births
- 22 July Deaths
- Want to work for people until death: Prime Minister
- Rabindra-Nazrul Jayanti celebrated in London
- People stream to Suhrawardy Udyan for Hasina's reception
- Temperature may fall by (1-2)°C over country
- ‘We’re on top of the world anyways’: Croatia’s president
- Use jute bags, break up with plastics: Prime Minister
- AL to hold mass reception to Prime Minister today
- France crowned World Cup 2018 champions after beating Croatia
- Bangladeshi Sharmin wins Commonwealth recognition
- British PM’s trade envoy Rushanara due today
- HSC, equivalent exams results tomorrow
- World Cup Pussy Riot pitch intruders jailed for 15 days
- 'I had to make my kidnapper fall in love with me': Chloe Ayling