21 Ekushey Padak recipients named
Published : 08 Feb 2018, 23:44
The government announced names of 21 eminent citizens for awarding prestigious Ekushey Padak for 2018 for their contribution in respective fields.
The official release from the cultural ministry disclosed the names of the recipients on Thursday.
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina will hand over the Ekushey Padak to the awardees on February 20 at Osmani Memorial Auditorium.
A Z M Takiullah (posthumous) and Prof Dr Mirza Mazharul Islam got the award for the language movement while Sheikh Sadi Khan, Sujoy Sham, Indra Mohan Rajbanshi, Khurshid Alam and Motiul Haque Khan won for music.
The government announced the names of Minu Haque and Humayun Faridi (posthumous) for dance and acting respectively while Nikhil Sen, Kalidas Karmakar, and Golam Mostofa got the award for drama, fine arts and photography.
Ranesh Moitro and Professor Julekha Haque (posthumous) and Dr. Mainul Islam won the award for journalism, research and economics respectively while the government announced the name of Ilias Kanchan for social service.
Syed Manzoorul Islam, Saiful Islam Khan (poet Hayat Saef), Subrata Barua, Robiul Hussain and Khalekdad Chowdhury got the award for language and literature.
Each recipient will get a gold medal, a certificate and a cheque of Taka 2 lakh.
The Ekushey Padak is the second highest civilian awards in Bangladesh.
- Most viewed
- 5 special Eid-ul-Adha Dishe for guest
- Mother, daughter found dead in Bogra
- Khaleda, Tarique directly involved in Aug 21 grenade attack: PM
- PM pays tribute to August 21 grenade attack victims
- 21 April Events
- 21 April Births
- 21 April Deaths
- Weinstein accuser Asia Argento paid teen who made sex assault claim
- Cabinet approves ‘Sarkari Chakori Ain, 2018’
- Girls' supremacy finally over
- Saff U-15 girls eye more glory in final today
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick Jonas are officially engaged
- The 18th Asian Games got off to a glorious start
- U-15 girls take on Bhutan in SAFF semi
- SAFF U-15 girls reach final beating Bhutan 5-0
- Youth found dead at Chattogram hotel
- Huma Qureshi didn’t care about working with Khans
- Woman held in city for ‘spreading rumour on Facebook’