21 Ekushey Padak recipients named
Published : 08 Feb 2018, 23:44
The government announced names of 21 eminent citizens for awarding prestigious Ekushey Padak for 2018 for their contribution in respective fields.
The official release from the cultural ministry disclosed the names of the recipients on Thursday.
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina will hand over the Ekushey Padak to the awardees on February 20 at Osmani Memorial Auditorium.
A Z M Takiullah (posthumous) and Prof Dr Mirza Mazharul Islam got the award for the language movement while Sheikh Sadi Khan, Sujoy Sham, Indra Mohan Rajbanshi, Khurshid Alam and Motiul Haque Khan won for music.
The government announced the names of Minu Haque and Humayun Faridi (posthumous) for dance and acting respectively while Nikhil Sen, Kalidas Karmakar, and Golam Mostofa got the award for drama, fine arts and photography.
Ranesh Moitro and Professor Julekha Haque (posthumous) and Dr. Mainul Islam won the award for journalism, research and economics respectively while the government announced the name of Ilias Kanchan for social service.
Syed Manzoorul Islam, Saiful Islam Khan (poet Hayat Saef), Subrata Barua, Robiul Hussain and Khalekdad Chowdhury got the award for language and literature.
Each recipient will get a gold medal, a certificate and a cheque of Taka 2 lakh.
The Ekushey Padak is the second highest civilian awards in Bangladesh.
- Most viewed
- So, does Priyanka's mommy approve of rumoured boyfriend Nick
- Burgener wraps up visit to Myanmar; underlines accountability
- Hundreds of women march in Rio to demand legal abortion
- Blame to go to AL grassroots leaders if it fails to win next polls: PM
- Parted at US border by Trump policy, migrants seek their children
- AL Anniversary: PM pays homage to Bangabandhu
- 23 June Births
- 23 June Deaths
- 23 June Events
- Chicago lawyers walk in heels to end sexual assault
- AL announced a reception on July 21 for PM
- 68.5m people displaced worldwide: UN
- Keep it up, PM to women cricketers
- ‘Amar Sonar Bangla’ now in Belarusian language
- Tonu Killing: CID to get suspects’ DNA reports next week
- World's oldest Sumatran orangutan Puan died
- New Zealand PM gives birth to baby girl
- WB should support national priority of a country, WB ED tells PM