3-day Lalon memorial festival will kick off today
Published : 01 Mar 2018, 16:38
The three-day Lalon Smaran Utshab (Lalon Memorial Festival) will begin at the shrine of Lalon Shah at Chheuria in Kushtia today.
Introduced by Lalon himself, the festival is held every year to celebrate Dol Purnima.
Lalon Academy, a locally elected body to look after the bard’s shrine, is organising the festival with the assistance of the Ministry of Cultural Affairs.
The organisers have completed all arrangements to ensure an enjoyable festival.
- Most viewed
- Judi Dench honoured at Spain film festival
- PM urges int’l community to ensure easy transfer of technology
- Prime Minister for upholding dignity of UN peacekeeping
- 26 September Births
- 26 September Events
- 26 September Deaths
- Bangladesh has potential to achieve more: Bernicat
- Doob is getting much-deserved acknowledgment: Irrfan Khan
- Mystery around disappearance of Chinese star
- Prime Minister to address 73rd Session UNGA September 27
- FIFA to upgrade flights, raise prize money for Women's World Cup
- Bangladesh Asia’s 2nd most gender equal country: WEF
- Over 300m children out of school globally: UNICEF
- Doob to represent Bangladesh in 91st Oscar
- Mother ‘hacked dead’ by ‘drug addict’ son in Kushtia
- Female RMG worker loses leg in Savar road crash
- Prime Minister leaves London for New York
- PM to receive 2 awards for her leadership over Rohingya issue