BB heist probe report to be made public on Sept 22
Published : 18 Sep 2016, 22:56
The probe body report on the cyber heist of Bangladesh Bank's (BB) account with New York's Federal Reserve Bank will be made public on September 22, finance minister Abul Maal Abdul Muhith said here today.
"The report will be made available online on September 22 so people can have easy access to the document," the minister told newsmen at a briefing at his office.
The head of the three-member investigation committee Muhammad Farashuddin submitted the probe report on the central bank's reserve heist to the finance minister on May 30.
On the sidelines of the briefing senior information officer of the finance ministry Md. Shahedur Rahman told BSS that the report would be posted on the Banking Division's website.
Muhith earlier said the report would be out before his scheduled departure for Washington on September 24 to attend the World Bank Group annual meeting. The minister, however, will also be visiting Saudi Arabia, the Netherlands and United Kingdom before going to the United States.
On February 4, cyber criminals tried to steal over $1 billion from BB`s account at the Federal Reserve Bank of New York, and succeeded in transferring $81 million to four accounts at Manila`s Rizal Commercial Banking Corp, which was then laundered through the city`s casinos.
- Most viewed
- Model Kazi Asif freed on bail
- EU leader says current Iran nuclear deal should be kept
- Housewife ‘mistakenly’ shot dead in Feni
- PM Sheikh Hasina to leave Dhaka for Australia Thursday
- Indian court finds spiritual guru guilty of raping devotee
- Woman held with 9 lakh Indian rupees
- 25 April Deaths
- 25 April Births
- 25 April Events
- Queen tips Prince Charles to follow her as Commonwealth head
- PM returns home from London
- PM calls for Commonwealth’s comprehensive reform
- Amorous couples, sex workers whipped in Indonesia's Aceh
- 3 resident students of DU hall brought back
- PM exchanges greetings with British Queen
- Ostrich chicks, gold ornaments seized in Satkhira
- Husband kills wife for dowry
- Science Says: Amount of straws, plastic pollution is huge