Bangladesh kicks off largest digital expo in capital
Published : 20 Oct 2016, 12:30
The country's largest digital expo "Digital World-2016" began yesterday to showcase the ICT-based innovations and achievements as well as facilitate in a single platform for sharing ICT knowledge and ideas.
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina inaugurated the three-day flagship annual event of the country's ICT sector with the theme "Non-stop Bangladesh" at the International Convention City Bashundhara (ICCB) in the capital.
The ICT Division organises the event with assistance of the Bangladesh Computer Council (BCC), Bangladesh Association of Software and Information Services (BASIS) and A2I programme of the Prime Minister's office.
The event is the major focus for the government decision makers in the ICT sector, chief executives and high profile tech persons and thousands of spectators.
Over 200 speakers including 43 from world famous organisations like Microsoft, Facebook, the World Bank, ZTE, Huawei are taking part in 18 sessions.
The event drew seven ministers from seven countries for an inter ministerial conference on the sector.
The exposition is based on the major targets of showcasing achievements of Bangladesh in ICT and offering a single platform for free-flow of ICT related ideas which would guide the country toward achieving Vision-2021.
The three-day mega event includes 12 seminars, IT career fair, soft expo, e-Governance expo, mobile innovation expo, e-commerce and Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) programme.
Over 5,00,000 visitors including 43 foreign ICT experts, corporate, institutional and individual buyers as well as wide range of people including investors and entrepreneurs, government officials and policy makers, professionals, journalists, academicians and students are expected to visit the expo this year.
- Most viewed
- Sunny Leone opens up on casting couch in Bollywood
- Stay alert against defeated forces: PM
- Sheikh Hasina reaches Suhrawady Udyan
- Jessia to join grand finale of Miss World, 2017
- Woman accuses US Senator of unwanted groping, kiss
- This is when women are most likely to cheat on their partner
- Why women are happier being single than men
- PM witnesses Dhaka Opera House design
- PM opens BLLISS-2017
- Amy Schumer ‘dating’ chef Chris Fischer
- Myanmar's Suu Kyi now benefits from Southeast Asia's silence
- 18-month-old girl allegedly raped by caretaker
- Queen Elizabeth, Prince Philip celebrate 70th wedding anniversary
- Right to a healthy future
- Sessions vows Clinton probe on emails
- Women less likely to get CPR from bystanders: Study
- UN chief meets Myanmar's Suu Kyi on Rohingya crisis
- Role of women in climate action recognised at UN climate conf