Bangladesh kicks off largest digital expo in capital
Published : 20 Oct 2016, 12:30
The country's largest digital expo "Digital World-2016" began yesterday to showcase the ICT-based innovations and achievements as well as facilitate in a single platform for sharing ICT knowledge and ideas.
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina inaugurated the three-day flagship annual event of the country's ICT sector with the theme "Non-stop Bangladesh" at the International Convention City Bashundhara (ICCB) in the capital.
The ICT Division organises the event with assistance of the Bangladesh Computer Council (BCC), Bangladesh Association of Software and Information Services (BASIS) and A2I programme of the Prime Minister's office.
The event is the major focus for the government decision makers in the ICT sector, chief executives and high profile tech persons and thousands of spectators.
Over 200 speakers including 43 from world famous organisations like Microsoft, Facebook, the World Bank, ZTE, Huawei are taking part in 18 sessions.
The event drew seven ministers from seven countries for an inter ministerial conference on the sector.
The exposition is based on the major targets of showcasing achievements of Bangladesh in ICT and offering a single platform for free-flow of ICT related ideas which would guide the country toward achieving Vision-2021.
The three-day mega event includes 12 seminars, IT career fair, soft expo, e-Governance expo, mobile innovation expo, e-commerce and Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) programme.
Over 5,00,000 visitors including 43 foreign ICT experts, corporate, institutional and individual buyers as well as wide range of people including investors and entrepreneurs, government officials and policy makers, professionals, journalists, academicians and students are expected to visit the expo this year.
- Most viewed
- Woman commits suicide after killing daughter
- Ivy released from hospital
- 23 January Deaths
- 23 January Births
- 23 January Events
- PM releases stamp, first day cover on Int'l Customs Day
- 7 reasons you should use vegan products
- How to make someone fall in love with you: According to science
- Six reasons why you should wear sunglasses in the cold season
- Committee formed to implement 9th wage board for journos: Tarana
- Strong Coast Guard important for world maritime security: US
- PM urges developed countries to stand beside Bangladesh
- Indian girl dies after gang rapists rupture her lungs
- Priyanka Chopra lets go of her diet on her vacation!
- Katy Perry in 'tough conversations' with her record label
- UN rapporteur determined to follow up thwarted mission
- British MPs approve landmark Brexit bill
- Militants kill mother-daughter polio workers in Pakistan