Bangladesh kicks off largest digital expo in capital
Published : 20 Oct 2016, 12:30
The country's largest digital expo "Digital World-2016" began yesterday to showcase the ICT-based innovations and achievements as well as facilitate in a single platform for sharing ICT knowledge and ideas.
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina inaugurated the three-day flagship annual event of the country's ICT sector with the theme "Non-stop Bangladesh" at the International Convention City Bashundhara (ICCB) in the capital.
The ICT Division organises the event with assistance of the Bangladesh Computer Council (BCC), Bangladesh Association of Software and Information Services (BASIS) and A2I programme of the Prime Minister's office.
The event is the major focus for the government decision makers in the ICT sector, chief executives and high profile tech persons and thousands of spectators.
Over 200 speakers including 43 from world famous organisations like Microsoft, Facebook, the World Bank, ZTE, Huawei are taking part in 18 sessions.
The event drew seven ministers from seven countries for an inter ministerial conference on the sector.
The exposition is based on the major targets of showcasing achievements of Bangladesh in ICT and offering a single platform for free-flow of ICT related ideas which would guide the country toward achieving Vision-2021.
The three-day mega event includes 12 seminars, IT career fair, soft expo, e-Governance expo, mobile innovation expo, e-commerce and Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) programme.
Over 5,00,000 visitors including 43 foreign ICT experts, corporate, institutional and individual buyers as well as wide range of people including investors and entrepreneurs, government officials and policy makers, professionals, journalists, academicians and students are expected to visit the expo this year.
- Most viewed
- India invites self-financed engineering and pharmacy students from Bangladesh
- Schoolgirls deployed to collect toll for event
- Dial 109 to combat violence against women and children
- Fire at Bangladesh Bank building
- 'Not consulted by Centre on Teesta, state's interests come first'
- First child marriage under special provision of new law held in Bangladesh
- Bangladesh pitching for UN recognition of Mar 25
- Hawaii lawmaker resigns from Republican Party
- Mamata Banerjee rules out removing Bangabandhu's bust
- 20 March Deaths
- MA, MSS, MBA, MSc and M Mug exams postponed
- Guys stop doing this!
- Impulsive Facebook use cause brain imbalance
- Indonesia summons UK envoy over coral reef destruction
- PM advises children to take lessons of patriotism from early life
- 'Take vow to make developed Bangladesh'
- IS claims responsibility for Ashkona suicide blast
- PM pays homage to Bangabandhu