Cabinet purchase committee okays 6 proposals
Published : 20 Oct 2016, 12:31
The Cabinet Committee on Government Purchase (CCGP) yesterday approved six proposals involving over Tk 1,617.56 crore.
Finance minister AMA Muhith chaired the meeting at the cabinet division.
A purchase proposal on the construction of four-lane connection road of Rajpara-Paira port under the infrastructure and facility expansion project of Paira deep-sea port project involving Tk 254.51 crore got the CCGP's approval, M Mustafizur Rahman, Additional Secretary of Cabinet Division, told journalists after the meeting.
The cabinet committee also approved a proposal for construction of embankment along the coastal belt with financial support from World Bank with a total cost of Tk 1089.95 crore, he said.
Another proposal for the appointment of contractor for Pahartali Workshop Development involving Tk 116.16 crore also got the CCGP's approval.
The government's three priority projects - expansion and modernization of the facilities of Mongla port, construction of dual-gauge railway in Joydevpur-Ishwardi section and conversion of meter-gauge railway tract into dual-gauge in Akhaura-Sylhet section - also got the CCGP's nod.
- Most viewed
- Rumana Monzur graduates from law school
- Attempt to rape case filed against Ctg OC, two other cops
- Day labourer turns successful retailer
- Benefits of different teas
- Taylor Swift keeping Joe Alwyn romance 'private'
- JICA will never stop cooperation with Bangladesh: JICA chief
- Statue of Greek goddess on SC premises being taken down
- 26 May Events
- 26 May Births
- 'Unplanned Tourism Effects Biodiversity of Cox’s Bazar'
- Banani rape: Cops allowed for forensic test on mobiles of Shafat, Sakif
- Cannes 2017: Aishwarya unleashes glamour in red gown
- Death toll in Manchester blast rises to 22
- 19 killed in terror blast at UK pop concert
- PM accorded warm reception in Saudi Arabia
- New Zealand space launch has nation reaching for the stars
- Change Maker: Seven stand strong
- 21 May Deaths