Cabinet purchase committee okays 6 proposals
Published : 20 Oct 2016, 12:31
The Cabinet Committee on Government Purchase (CCGP) yesterday approved six proposals involving over Tk 1,617.56 crore.
Finance minister AMA Muhith chaired the meeting at the cabinet division.
A purchase proposal on the construction of four-lane connection road of Rajpara-Paira port under the infrastructure and facility expansion project of Paira deep-sea port project involving Tk 254.51 crore got the CCGP's approval, M Mustafizur Rahman, Additional Secretary of Cabinet Division, told journalists after the meeting.
The cabinet committee also approved a proposal for construction of embankment along the coastal belt with financial support from World Bank with a total cost of Tk 1089.95 crore, he said.
Another proposal for the appointment of contractor for Pahartali Workshop Development involving Tk 116.16 crore also got the CCGP's approval.
The government's three priority projects - expansion and modernization of the facilities of Mongla port, construction of dual-gauge railway in Joydevpur-Ishwardi section and conversion of meter-gauge railway tract into dual-gauge in Akhaura-Sylhet section - also got the CCGP's nod.
- Most viewed
- Model Kazi Asif freed on bail
- EU leader says current Iran nuclear deal should be kept
- Housewife ‘mistakenly’ shot dead in Feni
- PM Sheikh Hasina to leave Dhaka for Australia Thursday
- Indian court finds spiritual guru guilty of raping devotee
- Woman held with 9 lakh Indian rupees
- 25 April Deaths
- 25 April Births
- 25 April Events
- Queen tips Prince Charles to follow her as Commonwealth head
- PM returns home from London
- PM calls for Commonwealth’s comprehensive reform
- Amorous couples, sex workers whipped in Indonesia's Aceh
- 3 resident students of DU hall brought back
- PM exchanges greetings with British Queen
- Ostrich chicks, gold ornaments seized in Satkhira
- Husband kills wife for dowry
- Science Says: Amount of straws, plastic pollution is huge