Cabinet purchase committee okays 6 proposals
Published : 20 Oct 2016, 12:31
The Cabinet Committee on Government Purchase (CCGP) yesterday approved six proposals involving over Tk 1,617.56 crore.
Finance minister AMA Muhith chaired the meeting at the cabinet division.
A purchase proposal on the construction of four-lane connection road of Rajpara-Paira port under the infrastructure and facility expansion project of Paira deep-sea port project involving Tk 254.51 crore got the CCGP's approval, M Mustafizur Rahman, Additional Secretary of Cabinet Division, told journalists after the meeting.
The cabinet committee also approved a proposal for construction of embankment along the coastal belt with financial support from World Bank with a total cost of Tk 1089.95 crore, he said.
Another proposal for the appointment of contractor for Pahartali Workshop Development involving Tk 116.16 crore also got the CCGP's approval.
The government's three priority projects - expansion and modernization of the facilities of Mongla port, construction of dual-gauge railway in Joydevpur-Ishwardi section and conversion of meter-gauge railway tract into dual-gauge in Akhaura-Sylhet section - also got the CCGP's nod.
- Most viewed
- Woman commits suicide after killing daughter
- Ivy released from hospital
- 23 January Deaths
- 23 January Births
- 23 January Events
- PM releases stamp, first day cover on Int'l Customs Day
- 7 reasons you should use vegan products
- How to make someone fall in love with you: According to science
- Six reasons why you should wear sunglasses in the cold season
- Committee formed to implement 9th wage board for journos: Tarana
- Strong Coast Guard important for world maritime security: US
- PM urges developed countries to stand beside Bangladesh
- Indian girl dies after gang rapists rupture her lungs
- Priyanka Chopra lets go of her diet on her vacation!
- Katy Perry in 'tough conversations' with her record label
- UN rapporteur determined to follow up thwarted mission
- British MPs approve landmark Brexit bill
- Militants kill mother-daughter polio workers in Pakistan