ECNEC okays 8 projects involving Tk 2,071cr
Published : 07 Feb 2017, 21:12
The Executive Committee of the National Economic Council (ECNEC) today (7 February) approved eight projects, including one for increasing strength of existing runway and taxiway of Sylhet Osmani International Airport, with a total outlay of Tk 2,071.80 crore.
The ECNEC gave the approval in its 18th meeting for the current fiscal year held at the NEC conference room here with ECNEC Chairperson and Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina in the chair.
"Increasing the strength of the existing runway and taxiway of Sylhet Osmani International Airport project involves Tk 451.98 crore. After the implementation of this project, large aircraft will be able to take off and land in the airport," said planning minister AHM Mustafa Kamal while briefing journalists after the meeting.
Other projects are: Improving the standard and expansion of important regional highways project (Tk 395.49 crore), construction of Sheikh Kamal bridge, Sheikh Jamal bridge and Sheikh Russell bridge on Patuakhali-Kuakata Road (Tk 182.15 crore), construction of two connecting roads (Nirala Avenue and Khulna University Avenue) (Tk 128. 54 crore), Chittagong University of Engineering and Technology development project (Tk 320 crore), protecting Gaibandha upazila sadar and mass grave, and different establishments of Phulchhari upazila from erosion of the bank of Jamuna river (Tk 275.98 crore), development of the undeveloped area of Barisal BSCIC industrial area, repairing and reconstruction of its infrastructures (Tk 52.20 crore) and setting up of Sheikh Kamal IT training centre and incubation centre (Tk 265.46 crore).
- Most viewed
- 6 women ‘militants’ held in Panchagarh
- March 27 Deaths
- March 27 Births
- March 27 Events
- UK police still believe London attacker was acting alone
- Two killed, more ‘well-trained’ militants inside, says army in Sylhet
- Families of Sylhet blast victims wail in misery
- Police put on alert across Bangladesh
- PM calls on 'misguided militants' to return to normal life
- Eurovision 2017: Ukraine bars Russian singer Samoilova from contest
- First child marriage under special provision of new law held in Bangladesh
- 'Blessed to work with 'Quantico' actors'
- 'Not consulted by Centre on Teesta, state's interests come first'
- Sleep apnea in kids may affect mental skills
- 'Sex assault' streamed on Facebook Live
- Fire at Bangladesh Bank building
- ECNEC approves mega project for health sector
- 'Bangladesh role model in women's advancement'