ECNEC okays 8 projects involving Tk 2,071cr
Published : 07 Feb 2017, 21:12
The Executive Committee of the National Economic Council (ECNEC) today (7 February) approved eight projects, including one for increasing strength of existing runway and taxiway of Sylhet Osmani International Airport, with a total outlay of Tk 2,071.80 crore.
The ECNEC gave the approval in its 18th meeting for the current fiscal year held at the NEC conference room here with ECNEC Chairperson and Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina in the chair.
"Increasing the strength of the existing runway and taxiway of Sylhet Osmani International Airport project involves Tk 451.98 crore. After the implementation of this project, large aircraft will be able to take off and land in the airport," said planning minister AHM Mustafa Kamal while briefing journalists after the meeting.
Other projects are: Improving the standard and expansion of important regional highways project (Tk 395.49 crore), construction of Sheikh Kamal bridge, Sheikh Jamal bridge and Sheikh Russell bridge on Patuakhali-Kuakata Road (Tk 182.15 crore), construction of two connecting roads (Nirala Avenue and Khulna University Avenue) (Tk 128. 54 crore), Chittagong University of Engineering and Technology development project (Tk 320 crore), protecting Gaibandha upazila sadar and mass grave, and different establishments of Phulchhari upazila from erosion of the bank of Jamuna river (Tk 275.98 crore), development of the undeveloped area of Barisal BSCIC industrial area, repairing and reconstruction of its infrastructures (Tk 52.20 crore) and setting up of Sheikh Kamal IT training centre and incubation centre (Tk 265.46 crore).
- Most viewed
- Peya pairs up with Soham
- PM urges judges, lawyers to be more humanitarian to litigants
- Woman shot by police in London anti-terror raid
- 28 April Deaths
- 28 April Births
- 28 April Events
- PM asks all to promote Chittagong Port's goodwill
- No change in UK-Bangladesh ties for Brexit: Cameron
- 'Kidnapped' Sumaiya rescued
- World Bank, Amundi launch $2 bn green bond fund
- Cabinet Secy: PayPal to start soon
- Shomi Kaiser to run for FBCCI director
- 26 April Deaths
- Muslim teen wins right to box competitively in hijab
- Sonam Kapoor gets trolled once again
- New Gene-Based Blood Tests Can Detect Skin Cancers
- US supercarrier to arrive in Sea of Japan in days: Pence
- Shraddha Kapoor gets fiercer with age in new stills from ‘Haseena’ biopic