Bourses see loss Monday
Published : 13 Mar 2017, 17:57
The benchmark indices of the country’s bourses – Dhaka Stock Exchange and Chittagong Stock Exchange - witnessed loss on Monday, the second day of trade week.
The key index of Dhaka Stock Exchange, DSEX, shed over 16.53 points and 0.29 percent to stand at 5659.72 at the end of the day’s trading.
The DSE Shariah Index (DSES) shed over 1.53 points or 0.11 percent to stand at 1307.27 points.
However, the DS30 index, lose over 11.64 points or 0.56 percent to stand at 2043.38 points.
Trade deals stood at 163,991 with transaction at Tk 10013.31 million. Of the issues traded, 123 advanced, 158 declined and 47 remained unchanged.
The Bangladesh Export Import Company Ltd. topped the turnover list with shares worth Tk 443.74 million having changed hands.
Chittagong stocks also followed the suit, s CSCX, the prime index, climbing down to 10639.21 by dropping over 19.86 points.
Out of the issues traded, 92 gained, 132 declined and 32 remained unchanged. The total value of exchange was over Tk 626.91 million.
- Most viewed
- 6 women ‘militants’ held in Panchagarh
- March 27 Deaths
- March 27 Births
- March 27 Events
- UK police still believe London attacker was acting alone
- Two killed, more ‘well-trained’ militants inside, says army in Sylhet
- Families of Sylhet blast victims wail in misery
- Police put on alert across Bangladesh
- PM calls on 'misguided militants' to return to normal life
- Eurovision 2017: Ukraine bars Russian singer Samoilova from contest
- First child marriage under special provision of new law held in Bangladesh
- 'Blessed to work with 'Quantico' actors'
- 'Not consulted by Centre on Teesta, state's interests come first'
- Sleep apnea in kids may affect mental skills
- 'Sex assault' streamed on Facebook Live
- Fire at Bangladesh Bank building
- ECNEC approves mega project for health sector
- 'Bangladesh role model in women's advancement'