Bourses see loss Monday
Published : 13 Mar 2017, 17:57
The benchmark indices of the country’s bourses – Dhaka Stock Exchange and Chittagong Stock Exchange - witnessed loss on Monday, the second day of trade week.
The key index of Dhaka Stock Exchange, DSEX, shed over 16.53 points and 0.29 percent to stand at 5659.72 at the end of the day’s trading.
The DSE Shariah Index (DSES) shed over 1.53 points or 0.11 percent to stand at 1307.27 points.
However, the DS30 index, lose over 11.64 points or 0.56 percent to stand at 2043.38 points.
Trade deals stood at 163,991 with transaction at Tk 10013.31 million. Of the issues traded, 123 advanced, 158 declined and 47 remained unchanged.
The Bangladesh Export Import Company Ltd. topped the turnover list with shares worth Tk 443.74 million having changed hands.
Chittagong stocks also followed the suit, s CSCX, the prime index, climbing down to 10639.21 by dropping over 19.86 points.
Out of the issues traded, 92 gained, 132 declined and 32 remained unchanged. The total value of exchange was over Tk 626.91 million.
- Most viewed
- Open Access Movement for Open Data, Education and Research
- Jennifer Aniston, Justin Theroux separate
- Housewife hacked to death in Sylhet, 2 held
- Khaleda can’t run polls in present context: CEC
- Nation set to pay homage to language martyrs
- 'Suu Kyi could be guilty of crimes against humanity'
- Emma donates 1 million pounds for victims of sexual harassment
- Keep every child alive, says Unicef
- 21 eminent citizens receive Ekushey Padak