2 Bangladeshis in Forbes' young social entrepreneurs
Published : 15 Apr 2017, 19:20
Two Bangladeshi youths, Mizanur Rahman Kiron and Shougat Nazbin Khan have made it on the list of Forbes Asia under-30 social entrepreneurs this year.
The annual list by Forbes features the 30 youngsters from Asia who are leveraging business tools to solve the world’s problems.
Mizanur Rahman Kiron, 29, is the founder of Physically-challenged Development Foundation (PDF), engaged in helping disabled youth in Bangladesh.
Kiron said that within next the 10 years, he want to see his organisation become the best platform for Asian youth to learn best practices for policy advocacy and disability rights movement.
Shougat Nazbin Khan, 27, is the founder of H.A Foundation.
She founded the organisation on her family’s land in northern Bangladesh, with the goal of providing education for the rural poor through digital tools.
The school charges a minimal tuition while offering free textbooks, school uniforms and transport.
Khan, who has helped 600 children so far, received the Commonwealth Youth Award for Asia in 2016. She has also developed a low-cost solar irrigation system for which she was awarded the Green Talent award in 2015.
- Most viewed
- Show off your baby bump in trendy wears
- President, PM greet civil servants on Public Service Day
- Nothing speaks of love more than roses in June
- Sonam Kapoor's fashion label wins PETA award
- Grape compounds can kill colon cancer cells: Research
- Computer training expediting women empowerment
- May softens tone on Brexit
- PM hosts iftar for eminent personalities, poets, artists
- Holy Lailatul Qadr tonight
- Protect yourself from deadly brain tumours
- PM seeks Moroccan investment in economic zones
- Banani rape indictment hearing Jul 9
- 5 to die for killing housewife after rape in C’nawabganj
- Beyonce gives birth to twins
- Dhaka, Stockholm to fight terror together
- ‘No way out, pray our deaths are not painful.’- Engaged sister’s last words to brother
- Burn injured housewife dies after fight for life
- Folk queen Momtaz brings two new songs this Eid