2 Bangladeshis in Forbes' young social entrepreneurs
Published : 15 Apr 2017, 19:20
Two Bangladeshi youths, Mizanur Rahman Kiron and Shougat Nazbin Khan have made it on the list of Forbes Asia under-30 social entrepreneurs this year.
The annual list by Forbes features the 30 youngsters from Asia who are leveraging business tools to solve the world’s problems.
Mizanur Rahman Kiron, 29, is the founder of Physically-challenged Development Foundation (PDF), engaged in helping disabled youth in Bangladesh.
Kiron said that within next the 10 years, he want to see his organisation become the best platform for Asian youth to learn best practices for policy advocacy and disability rights movement.
Shougat Nazbin Khan, 27, is the founder of H.A Foundation.
She founded the organisation on her family’s land in northern Bangladesh, with the goal of providing education for the rural poor through digital tools.
The school charges a minimal tuition while offering free textbooks, school uniforms and transport.
Khan, who has helped 600 children so far, received the Commonwealth Youth Award for Asia in 2016. She has also developed a low-cost solar irrigation system for which she was awarded the Green Talent award in 2015.
- Most viewed
- ‘RMG workers are unaware they are sexually harassed’
- Children among at least 21 people ‘poisoned’ by 'gas' in Russian village
- The Rohingya children trafficked for sex
- Tribute song for US-Bangla plane crash victims
- Magura man ‘kills’ wife for dowry
- PM opens BNA Bangabandhu Complex in Chittagong
- Fake profiles boosted Brazilian ex-president Dilma
- Prime minister visits Chittagong today
- Myanmar president, close Suu Kyi friend, says he's retiring
- Jacqueline Fernandez gets into Madhuri Dixit mode
- First injured Bangladeshi victim of Nepal plane crash brought to Dhaka
- Bangabandhu's 99th birthday being celebrated
- Tasmania elects majority of women in Australia state first
- Barbecued Lamb with Mashed Potatoes Recipe
- Checking early marriage to protect kids from malnutrition: Dr Shirin
- 4 plane crash victims to be brought to Dhaka soon
- Govt efforts helped BD attain criteria to graduate from LDC: PM
- Bangladesh eligible for LDC graduation