2 Bangladeshis in Forbes' young social entrepreneurs
Published : 15 Apr 2017, 19:20
Two Bangladeshi youths, Mizanur Rahman Kiron and Shougat Nazbin Khan have made it on the list of Forbes Asia under-30 social entrepreneurs this year.
The annual list by Forbes features the 30 youngsters from Asia who are leveraging business tools to solve the world’s problems.
Mizanur Rahman Kiron, 29, is the founder of Physically-challenged Development Foundation (PDF), engaged in helping disabled youth in Bangladesh.
Kiron said that within next the 10 years, he want to see his organisation become the best platform for Asian youth to learn best practices for policy advocacy and disability rights movement.
Shougat Nazbin Khan, 27, is the founder of H.A Foundation.
She founded the organisation on her family’s land in northern Bangladesh, with the goal of providing education for the rural poor through digital tools.
The school charges a minimal tuition while offering free textbooks, school uniforms and transport.
Khan, who has helped 600 children so far, received the Commonwealth Youth Award for Asia in 2016. She has also developed a low-cost solar irrigation system for which she was awarded the Green Talent award in 2015.
- Most viewed
- How to have beautiful toned body
- 'Addressing climate change means ensuring human rights'
- Priyanka at UN bats for girl empowerment
- Suu Kyi’s award suspended by UK union
- 4G service by December: Tarana
- Signal 3 to continue for maritime ports
- Schoolgirl foils forced marriage
- Mexico: Strong earthquake topples buildings, killing scores (Video)
- Women empowerment must to achieve SDGs: PM
- Friend’s kidney helps Selena Gomez fight lupus
- Priyanka meets Jordan's Queen Rania
- Public property plunderers must face legal actions: PM
- Trump assures PM of all supports on Rohingya issue
- Woman dies for ‘medical negligence’ after childbirth
- Woman burnt to death ‘by husband’ for failing to get MBBS seat
- Schoolgirl hacked in Savar, stalker held
- PM reaffirms Bangladesh's commitment to end sexual abuse of peacekeepers
- 16 September Births