2 Bangladeshis in Forbes' young social entrepreneurs
Published : 15 Apr 2017, 19:20
Two Bangladeshi youths, Mizanur Rahman Kiron and Shougat Nazbin Khan have made it on the list of Forbes Asia under-30 social entrepreneurs this year.
The annual list by Forbes features the 30 youngsters from Asia who are leveraging business tools to solve the world’s problems.
Mizanur Rahman Kiron, 29, is the founder of Physically-challenged Development Foundation (PDF), engaged in helping disabled youth in Bangladesh.
Kiron said that within next the 10 years, he want to see his organisation become the best platform for Asian youth to learn best practices for policy advocacy and disability rights movement.
Shougat Nazbin Khan, 27, is the founder of H.A Foundation.
She founded the organisation on her family’s land in northern Bangladesh, with the goal of providing education for the rural poor through digital tools.
The school charges a minimal tuition while offering free textbooks, school uniforms and transport.
Khan, who has helped 600 children so far, received the Commonwealth Youth Award for Asia in 2016. She has also developed a low-cost solar irrigation system for which she was awarded the Green Talent award in 2015.
- Most viewed
- PM distributes National Film Awards-2015
- Shabana receives Lifetime Achievement Award from Prime Minister Hasina
- Easy tips to prevent and treat cough, cold during monsoon
- The wonder bowl of beauty
- Tips to stay fit this rainy season
- Princes regret brief last call with Diana
- Student commits suicide failing to get desired marks in HSC exam
- PM to distribute National Film Awards-2015 today
- 25 July Deaths
- Tahsan, Mithila announce their divorce
- 2,000 girl cyclists say 'No' to early marriage
- 5 members of ‘rapist gang’ held in city
- Students clash with cops at Shahbagh demanding exam dates
- Unidentified girl dies at DMCH, 12 days after rescue in senseless state
- Australian senator who breast-fed daughter in parliament resigns
- Bangladeshi gets 11 years’ jail for raping tourist in Singapore
- Minneapolis police shooting of Australian woman sparks questions about body cameras
- Don’t ruin fish market for small gains, PM to exporters