Shomi Kaiser to run for FBCCI director
Published : 22 Apr 2017, 18:05
Actress Shomi Kaiser will run for the director post in the 2017-2019 election of top Business organization Bangladesh Chamber of Commerce and Industry (FBCCI).
Shomi Kaiser, a well known television actress, will be running as a candidate from Sammilit Ganatantrik Parishad panel.
Sammilit Ganatantrik Parishad made the announcement in a press conference at a hotel in city’s Motijheel area on Thursday (April 20).
Shafiul Islam Mahiuddin will run for the president of FBCCI from the 36-member Sammilit Ganatantrik Parishad panel with the view to achieve the goals of vision-2041. The panel declared 18 posts for the chamber and 18 other posts for the association.
The directorial candidate Shomi Kaiser became the FBCCI general council member and voter from an e-commerce based organization.
Awami League president's private sector affairs adviser and former FBCCI president Salman F Rahman and DNCC mayor and former FBCCI president Annisul Huq among others were also present at the press conference.
- Most viewed
- College girl’s hanging body recovered in Jessore
- Sushma opens Chancery Complex of Indian HC in Dhaka
- Myanmar must not punish innocent people: Sushma tells PM
- Have mushroom-rich breakfast to maintain healthy weight
- Fashion industry not real life: Claudia Schiffer
- Yuriko Koike who may become Japan's first woman PM
- Sushma Swaraj in city
- Full verdict commuting Oishee's death released
- Three young men beat elderly woman to death
- 18 October Events
- 18 October Births
- Hillary slams Trump’s ‘dangerous’ war of words with North Korea
- 18 October Deaths
- Now Suu Kyi’s name removed from Oxford college common room
- Hair loss drug taken by Trump may cut prostate cancer risk
- Magura schoolgirl commits suicide
- Raped then beaten up for protesting
- Car bomb kills Maltese journalist who exposed Panama paper link