Shomi Kaiser to run for FBCCI director
Published : 22 Apr 2017, 18:05
Actress Shomi Kaiser will run for the director post in the 2017-2019 election of top Business organization Bangladesh Chamber of Commerce and Industry (FBCCI).
Shomi Kaiser, a well known television actress, will be running as a candidate from Sammilit Ganatantrik Parishad panel.
Sammilit Ganatantrik Parishad made the announcement in a press conference at a hotel in city’s Motijheel area on Thursday (April 20).
Shafiul Islam Mahiuddin will run for the president of FBCCI from the 36-member Sammilit Ganatantrik Parishad panel with the view to achieve the goals of vision-2041. The panel declared 18 posts for the chamber and 18 other posts for the association.
The directorial candidate Shomi Kaiser became the FBCCI general council member and voter from an e-commerce based organization.
Awami League president's private sector affairs adviser and former FBCCI president Salman F Rahman and DNCC mayor and former FBCCI president Annisul Huq among others were also present at the press conference.
- Most viewed
- 'Unplanned Tourism Effects Biodiversity of Cox’s Bazar'
- French Dressing
- Cannes 2017: Aishwarya unleashes glamour in red gown
- Banani rape: Cops allowed for forensic test on mobiles of Shafat, Sakif
- Change Maker: Seven stand strong
- New Zealand space launch has nation reaching for the stars
- PM accorded warm reception in Saudi Arabia
- 5 suspected militants surrender to RAB
- 21 May Deaths
- Banani rape: Key accused Nayem Ashraf placed in 7-day remand
- Banani rape: Bodyguard, driver remanded
- Banani rape: Raintree hotel calls for justice
- Banani Rape: Key accused Nayem
- Banani Rape Accused: Shafat's bodyguard, driver arrested
- Hillary Clinton announces post-election plans
- Qabooli Biryani
- Univ lecturer fired for ‘raping’ student
- Israel’s first female sharia judge sworn in