Shomi Kaiser to run for FBCCI director
Published : 22 Apr 2017, 18:05
Actress Shomi Kaiser will run for the director post in the 2017-2019 election of top Business organization Bangladesh Chamber of Commerce and Industry (FBCCI).
Shomi Kaiser, a well known television actress, will be running as a candidate from Sammilit Ganatantrik Parishad panel.
Sammilit Ganatantrik Parishad made the announcement in a press conference at a hotel in city’s Motijheel area on Thursday (April 20).
Shafiul Islam Mahiuddin will run for the president of FBCCI from the 36-member Sammilit Ganatantrik Parishad panel with the view to achieve the goals of vision-2041. The panel declared 18 posts for the chamber and 18 other posts for the association.
The directorial candidate Shomi Kaiser became the FBCCI general council member and voter from an e-commerce based organization.
Awami League president's private sector affairs adviser and former FBCCI president Salman F Rahman and DNCC mayor and former FBCCI president Annisul Huq among others were also present at the press conference.
- Most viewed
- Malala wins place at Oxford University
- 10-year-old rape victim gives birth in India
- South Asia flood death toll climbs to 250
- Anti-Muslim Australian senator wears burqa in Parliament
- Easy ways to stop sneezing
- Emma tops list of best paid actresses
- Teacher arrested for ‘raping Pallabi schoolgirl’
- PM to visit Kurigram, Dinajpur Sunday to see flood victims
- Case filed over Pallabi student rape
- Australian Army bans male recruits to get female numbers up
- Amazing Health Benefits Of Miswak
- Roads to avoid on Aug 15
- Baul singer ‘gang-raped’ in Ashulia
- Taylor Swift assault case: Judge throws out DJ's lawsuit
- Hiding The Propaganda
- PM critical of those denying Bangabandhu's contribution
- 13 August Births
- 13 August Deaths