Shomi Kaiser to run for FBCCI director
Published : 22 Apr 2017, 18:05
Actress Shomi Kaiser will run for the director post in the 2017-2019 election of top Business organization Bangladesh Chamber of Commerce and Industry (FBCCI).
Shomi Kaiser, a well known television actress, will be running as a candidate from Sammilit Ganatantrik Parishad panel.
Sammilit Ganatantrik Parishad made the announcement in a press conference at a hotel in city’s Motijheel area on Thursday (April 20).
Shafiul Islam Mahiuddin will run for the president of FBCCI from the 36-member Sammilit Ganatantrik Parishad panel with the view to achieve the goals of vision-2041. The panel declared 18 posts for the chamber and 18 other posts for the association.
The directorial candidate Shomi Kaiser became the FBCCI general council member and voter from an e-commerce based organization.
Awami League president's private sector affairs adviser and former FBCCI president Salman F Rahman and DNCC mayor and former FBCCI president Annisul Huq among others were also present at the press conference.
- Most viewed
- Simple ways to protect lips during summer
- PM left Dhaka for Australia to join the Global Summit of Women
- Six-year-old girl raped in Bogura
- Supporting women to get priority in intellectual property law: Amu
- Sheikh Hasina leaves for Australia today on three-day visit
- Address human rights concerns, urge Asean MPs in open letter
- Mother, daughter killed in Moulvibazar fire
- 26 April Deaths
- 26 April Births
- PM returns home from London
- Queen tips Prince Charles to follow her as Commonwealth head
- PM calls for Commonwealth’s comprehensive reform
- PM exchanges greetings with British Queen
- 3 resident students of DU hall brought back
- Amorous couples, sex workers whipped in Indonesia's Aceh
- Ostrich chicks, gold ornaments seized in Satkhira
- Husband kills wife for dowry
- Science Says: Amount of straws, plastic pollution is huge