Shomi Kaiser to run for FBCCI director
Published : 22 Apr 2017, 18:05
Actress Shomi Kaiser will run for the director post in the 2017-2019 election of top Business organization Bangladesh Chamber of Commerce and Industry (FBCCI).
Shomi Kaiser, a well known television actress, will be running as a candidate from Sammilit Ganatantrik Parishad panel.
Sammilit Ganatantrik Parishad made the announcement in a press conference at a hotel in city’s Motijheel area on Thursday (April 20).
Shafiul Islam Mahiuddin will run for the president of FBCCI from the 36-member Sammilit Ganatantrik Parishad panel with the view to achieve the goals of vision-2041. The panel declared 18 posts for the chamber and 18 other posts for the association.
The directorial candidate Shomi Kaiser became the FBCCI general council member and voter from an e-commerce based organization.
Awami League president's private sector affairs adviser and former FBCCI president Salman F Rahman and DNCC mayor and former FBCCI president Annisul Huq among others were also present at the press conference.
- Most viewed
- Don’t fret over conceiving with irregular periods
- Don’t overdo stress or make-up on wedding day
- Female Sherpa from Nepal scales new heights
- Get the smear out before cervical cancer conquers you
- Indian court paves way for 'Padmaavat’ all-India release on 25 Jan
- Woman killed in city road crash
- PM escapes 17 assassination plots, attacks: Law minister
- 20 January Deaths
- 20 January Births
- Suu Kyi says Rohingya mass grave investigation positive step
- Committee formed to implement 9th wage board for journos: Tarana
- Canadian police say attack on girl who claimed a man cut her hijab ‘did not happen’
- Strong Coast Guard important for world maritime security: US
- Pranab Mukherjee meets Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina
- Sri Lanka lifts 38-yr ban on women buying, selling alcohol
- PM urges developed countries to stand beside Bangladesh
- ‘Zombie’ singer Dolores O’Riordan dies at 46
- Singer Shammi Akhtar passes away