Per capita income rises to $1,752
Published : 04 Apr 2018, 14:07
The per capita income rose to $1,752 in the current fiscal year, up by $142 from the last fiscal year's $1610.
Planning Minister AHM Mustafa Kamal Kamal disclosed it while briefing journalists at the NEC conference room after the ECNEC meeting here yesterday.
The per capita income rose by $145 to $1,610 in fiscal year 2016-17 from $1,465 in FY16.
He said the per capita income has increased as the country's economic growth also witnessed a rise. The size of the country's gross domestic product (GDP) has also increased, he added.
- Most viewed
- Doob is getting much-deserved acknowledgment: Irrfan Khan
- Mystery around disappearance of Chinese star
- Marta wins Best FIFA Women's Player award
- Sheikh Hasina urges US businesses to share Bangladesh’s prosperity
- PM says Govt wants free, fair, participatory national polls
- PM Hasina joins Trump’s welcome reception
- PM Sheikh Hasina for more private sector investment in education sector
- Prime Minister places 3 proposals to resolve Rohingya crisis
- Settle all international disputes, prevent conflicts: Sheikh Hasina
- Instant triple talaq an offence in India
- Prime Minister to address 73rd Session UNGA September 27
- Bangladesh hand Lebanon 8-0 thrashing
- FIFA to upgrade flights, raise prize money for Women's World Cup
- Virtual or real? Fashion world split over digital supermodels
- UK Foreign Secy Hunt to meet Suu Kyi during Myanmar visit
- PM not interested holding dialogue with BNP
- Bangladesh Asia’s 2nd most gender equal country: WEF
- PM urges journalists to use professional scope for people’s welfare