Cabinet approves Tk 464,000cr national budget
Published : 07 Jun 2018, 13:02
The Cabinet approved the national budget of around Tk 464,000 crore for the fiscal year 2018-19 on Thursday afternoon.
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina presided over the special meeting of the Cabinet held at the parliament complex, Parliament Secretariat sources said.
Finance Minister AMA Muhith is set to place the national budget for the 2018-19 fiscal in Parliament with all the indicators pointing to another expansionary budget in keeping with the AL government's previous budgets.
The last budget of the AL-led coalition's second successive term in power will also be the 12th budget for Muhith personally, who before AL delivered two budgets under HM Ershad in the 1980s.
The revenue collection target for the coming fiscal year is likely to be fixed at Tk 340,775 crore.
The annual development programme (ADP) for the coming fiscal is likely to be Tk 178,000 crore.
- Most viewed
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick Jonas are officially engaged
- Huma Qureshi didn’t care about working with Khans
- Woman commits suicide after ‘stabbing husband’ in city
- Saff U-15 girls eye more glory in final today
- 18 August Events
- 18 August Births
- 18 August Deaths
- No cell phones at Deepika, Ranveer destination wedding
- Nick Jonas reaches India for engagement bash with Priyanka
- Williams rebounds from worst loss to advance in Cincy tennis
- Sheikh Hasina to inaugurate 23 bridges, Fatehpur Railway Overpass
- BD beat Nepal 3-0 to emerge group top in SAFF U-15 Women’s championship
- U-15 girls take on Bhutan in SAFF semi
- Caned by headmaster, schoolgirl kills self
- Antibiotic resistance genes in air pose threat to human health: Study
- SAFF U-15 girls reach final beating Bhutan 5-0
- Nation observes National Mourning Day today
- Prime Minister pays homage to Bangabandhu in Tungipara