Cabinet approves Tk 464,000cr national budget
Published : 07 Jun 2018, 13:02
The Cabinet approved the national budget of around Tk 464,000 crore for the fiscal year 2018-19 on Thursday afternoon.
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina presided over the special meeting of the Cabinet held at the parliament complex, Parliament Secretariat sources said.
Finance Minister AMA Muhith is set to place the national budget for the 2018-19 fiscal in Parliament with all the indicators pointing to another expansionary budget in keeping with the AL government's previous budgets.
The last budget of the AL-led coalition's second successive term in power will also be the 12th budget for Muhith personally, who before AL delivered two budgets under HM Ershad in the 1980s.
The revenue collection target for the coming fiscal year is likely to be fixed at Tk 340,775 crore.
The annual development programme (ADP) for the coming fiscal is likely to be Tk 178,000 crore.
- Most viewed
- So, does Priyanka's mommy approve of rumoured boyfriend Nick
- Burgener wraps up visit to Myanmar; underlines accountability
- Hundreds of women march in Rio to demand legal abortion
- Blame to go to AL grassroots leaders if it fails to win next polls: PM
- Parted at US border by Trump policy, migrants seek their children
- AL Anniversary: PM pays homage to Bangabandhu
- 23 June Births
- 23 June Deaths
- 23 June Events
- Chicago lawyers walk in heels to end sexual assault
- AL announced a reception on July 21 for PM
- 68.5m people displaced worldwide: UN
- Keep it up, PM to women cricketers
- ‘Amar Sonar Bangla’ now in Belarusian language
- Tonu Killing: CID to get suspects’ DNA reports next week
- World's oldest Sumatran orangutan Puan died
- New Zealand PM gives birth to baby girl
- WB should support national priority of a country, WB ED tells PM